The Tao of Spamming the Chat

• Thread starter A Holistic Approach to the Verbal Diarrhea of Alan
  • Start date
A

A Holistic Approach to the Verbal Diarrhea of Alan

I’m sorry, Alan. Let me save you the trouble: I largely misunderstood your post last night.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/discuss/index.cgi?noframes;read=287274

The strange way in which you write—around and around the subject, but never toward it; and always under the mistaken impression that I share all of the views of everyone else who dislikes your abuse of special privilege—simply blunted me. This site is a “business venture,” you say? Would you then say that your spamming was—good for business? Matters of economy-type affect whether or not you and Paul should be punished equally for identical misconduct? It’s all difficult, challenging stuff, made no easier by the torrent of condescension-from-below that you can always be relied upon to provide. Add to that the fact that my bullshit detector exploded at one point and what you’ve got, Alan—what you’ve got—is a very hectic read.

The bulk of your post—about the rights of site administrators, and uh, capitalism vs. anarchy—still has nothing to do with me or with the points I’ve made. Hence I hadn't read your whole post carefully. I’ve only now realized, for example, that your babble about having the Tseng-given right [crosses chest, fingers rosary] to post as often as you like (which I took last night to be a weird, hypothetical example of what Good site users can do, no matter how idiotic) was actually a reference to the thousands of posts made by your robots! I didn’t realize that, Alan! Bravo! You did admit to introducing the robots into the chat! Sort of! Well done! I’m proud of you.

A problem, though: you try to defend the spamming by contending that you “made” each and every one of the thousands of posts that your robots made, and that my disliking those posts is not different from my hypothetically disliking a flurry of uninteresting posts from an actual Homo sapiens, on speed and going sleepless for three days in a row. While the cruel, poetic tactic of replacing Jennifer Swegan with a DOS program even more tedious—ah ha, I see your good side now!—appeals to me, I have to point out that although you may have written the programs that made the posts, you certainly did not make the posts themselves! While you can and should claim responsibility for the spamming of the chat, you cannot obfuscate, yet again, by claiming each of those thousands of posts as your “speech.” The right to free speech, under the U.S. Constitution or even, we can reasonably expect, here in Tseng Tseng Prison, does not apply to computer programs, my desperate, dippy sophist in Arizona.

Want to go back to arguing about what “delete” means, now?

no one was bothered by the 'spamming' apart from yourself. Get over it. It's the personal attacks that need to be taken care of.

What was the IP address of "pimpbot"?

> no one was bothered by the 'spamming' apart from yourself. Get over it.
> It's the personal attacks that need to be taken care of.

Pimpbot was someone with knowledge of computers

Also someone very familiar with the software of the site

what was the IP address of "pimpbot"

I know that all IP's are logged?

Plus "pimpbot" dissapeared just before YOU entered the chatroom

"I'm looking for pimpbot" you said

You also answered that post above and READ it in 7 minutes

Very on the ball ain't ya?

Why the big interest?

"no one is bothered about the spamming but you"

I can smell something very fishy here.

You are feeling guillty that Alan is getting all the blame i think, just admit it and move on!

Hacking a site is a criminal offence, but there WAS no hacker was there?

Once again (yawn) I beg to differ Mr. Tseng.

> no one was bothered by the 'spamming' apart from yourself. Get over it.
> It's the personal attacks that need to be taken care of.

Every single person who tried to use the chatroom for it's intended purpose, that is, presumably, as a chat room, was "bothered" by Alan's troll-bot's continuous spamming of the chat, making it virtually impossible to make any attempt at coherent conversation, particularly once he had introduced a second spam program, for as you know, again, presumably, it's only possible to ''ignore' one 'person' at a time.

David, it's become apparent that that you're not an honourable man, and that you make the rules up as you go along, which is why I've always considered it acceptable to disregard your rules, seeing as they change from one minute to the next.

Also, your excuse for not responding to my emails was woefull, considering that you work for Yahoo and are more than capable of setting up a simple spam filter.

The fact that my emails came from a few different accounts, and were sent to three different addresses that you have displayed on this site with an invitation for users to contact you at, further serves to make your "explanation" highly dubious.

In conclusion, your new-found conscience regarding dealing with 'personal attacks' is far too late coming, as well as being typically selective, to be convincing.
The damage was done long ago, and your recent conduct does nothing to alter my opinion of you one iota.

X

"no one was bothered by the 'spamming' apart from yourself."

Not true, David, but I'd love to hear more about your mindreading powers. Also: why did you put "spamming" in scare quotes? You work at Yahoo, correct? You know the term?

I'd also love to know why you never answer a direct question.

"Get over it."

This thread was not addressed to you. But now that you've set the tone, allow me to say: Go to hell.

I can understand why you're taking an interest, of course: your lack of criteria for "abuse," aside from personal favortism, is the topic of the day.

"It's the personal attacks that need to be taken care of."

Get specific, or continue being your usual ineffectual self.

A highly convincing theory heywood.It would explain why Alan was so twitchy when asked to admit it.

It's looking more likely, i don't see the problem in admitting it.

Maybe the hacker was using a "proxy"

Anyone who has used a proxy will know how unpredictable they are, they crash ALOT!!!

Pimpbot went on without crashing for days, certainly NOT using a proxy server.

The case rests. An inside job

Re: X

I have already asked for people to step up, and the only people who have are known trolls.

PS here is the definition for spam:

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/spam

Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

> "no one was bothered by the 'spamming' apart from yourself."

> Not true, David, but I'd love to hear more about your mindreading powers.
> Also: why did you put "spamming" in scare quotes? You work at
> Yahoo, correct? You know the term?

> I'd also love to know why you never answer a direct question.

> "Get over it."

> This thread was not addressed to you. But now that you've set the tone,
> allow me to say: Go to hell.

> I can understand why you're taking an interest, of course: your lack of
> criteria for "abuse," aside from personal favortism, is the
> topic of the day.

> "It's the personal attacks that need to be taken care of."

> Get specific, or continue being your usual ineffectual self.

YOU WERE PIMPBOT! WHAT WAS IT'S IP?? mr "unknown troll"

and no-one will speak out because they know how ban happy you are PIMPBOT!

This question at this point is whether or not you're +playing+ dumb

"I have already asked for people to step up, and the only people who have are known trolls."

Once and for all: What is "abuse," and who isn't a "troll"? Tell us who's on your favorites list--we'll try to get one of them!

Why, furthermore, do you continue to contend that this is something that should be decided by a public poll? YOU ARE THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THIS SITE. If you can't determine what's gone on, then you're a fool. I knew something rather strange was going on when you came into the chatroom Sunday and had to ask US about what-did-what.

"PS here is the definition for spam: Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail."

"Spam" is a slang term and the Yahoo! dictionary is not exactly the OED. "Spam" is very commonly understood to apply also to advertising and electronically-generated posts on message boards. Do a little research. Here, no one uses Yahoo! anymore:

http://www.google.com

Back
Top Bottom