what do you think of these 'fans'

Exactly... That reminds me I have another DMB show that I should post.

you know. i thought about you and your love of DMB as i was writing that. i almost put a disclaimer at the bottom, about you loving DMB is an exception. but...I guess I'll let you slide.

you know. i thought about you and your love of DMB as i was writing that. i almost put a disclaimer at the bottom, about you loving DMB is an exception. but...I guess I'll let you slide.

Depending on whether or not I am going to teach summer school I was thinking of going up to Saratoga Springs or down south to go see them.

squirrel.jpg

Speaking of which and our discussion of skating, last year I had this dream where Moz and I were iceskating. And then later in 2007 Moz slid around the stage in Merrillville like he was skating. In the Lille boot, you can hear Moz changing the lyrics to "I've skated all over the place" in I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris. I'm sure it's all a coincidence, but it makes me smile every time I hear him singing that lyric change about skating.

I like how we all fulfill the stereotype of the fun-loathing, humourless Moz/Smiths fan. ;) I still think all disco must end in broken bones, though. :p

THis goffs-on-wheels discussion is drifting away from the thread author's original intent, I think :p But this video below is still relevant to Moz and goffs-on-wheels. The rink featured in the video below is the same one I visited last week. Mozzolo contributor Jake-the-stripper sent the link the morning after I was in that very rink. Oh and there's a line in the rap that specifically mentions Morrissey:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/xfNluQ888g4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0[/youtube]

i also recognised the old skool "classic video games" machine -- was going to play Ms. Pacman last time but got distracted -- the toilets, the lockers, the glow-in-the-dark air hockey table, the disco ball, and the darkened rink. I thought the rink was dark because of the goffs, but it seems from that viddy that the rink is just always darkened. There were two glass cases full of antique skates and old cameras near the skate rental counter. One of my skating buddies remarked how this place looked like it hadn't changed since it opened, probably in the 70s.

The previous wumpskate, there was a guest dj who played poppier goff/industrial selections and even some Britpop like Suede's "Darkstar". When I request it, they'll play Morrissey and Smiths, but they usually only have the "hits" on hand. I'll have to burn them a cd with "Jack the Ripper" and some other songs on it.

I didn't know it, but the taco guy at wumpskate makes vegan tacos, too. I was too full from bean burritos to try it last time, but I'll try it next time.

I told doney86 about this viddy and suggested that Moz should shoot his next video at this rink and use the goffs as extras. Then she wrote, "Since Moz is a fan of those pied-piper-like videos, it would be funny to see him circling the rink w/ the band behind him."

THis goffs-on-wheels discussion is drifting away from the thread author's original intent, I think :p But this video below is still relevant to Moz and goffs-on-wheels. The rink featured in the video below is the same one I visited last week. Mozzolo contributor Jake-the-stripper sent the link the morning after I was in that very rink. Oh and there's a line in the rap that specifically mentions Morrissey:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/xfNluQ888g4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0[/youtube]

i also recognised the old skool "classic video games" machine -- was going to play Ms. Pacman last time but got distracted -- the toilets, the lockers, the glow-in-the-dark air hockey table, the disco ball, and the darkened rink. I thought the rink was dark because of the goffs, but it seems from that viddy that the rink is just always darkened. There were two glass cases full of antique skates and old cameras near the skate rental counter. One of my skating buddies remarked how this place looked like it hadn't changed since it opened, probably in the 70s.

The previous wumpskate, there was a guest dj who played poppier goff/industrial selections and even some Britpop like Suede's "Darkstar". When I request it, they'll play Morrissey and Smiths, but they usually only have the "hits" on hand. I'll have to burn them a cd with "Jack the Ripper" and some other songs on it.

I didn't know it, but the taco guy at wumpskate makes vegan tacos, too. I was too full from bean burritos to try it last time, but I'll try it next time.

I told doney86 about this viddy and suggested that Moz should shoot his next video at this rink and use the goffs as extras. Then she wrote, "Since Moz is a fan of those pied-piper-like videos, it would be funny to see him circling the rink w/ the band behind him."

that video had nothing to do with morrissey at all, cept for the .23 second mention of his name, but I always thought Simon Rex was kinda cute. :o

1st. People are full of contradictions.

2nd. Artists like Morrissey make music for everybody that needs to listen to his music. He doesn't select his fans, if he was interested in making music for a niche audience his music wouldn't be as good as it is.

The type of fans who always listen to Moz/Smiths, but really can not relate to the music, because they are super social, happy all the time, while listenin to 'unloveable' I really dislike those nasty fake fans

You have just made me realize I'm one of them. :(
I'm from mexico, not from manchester, i have curly hair, not a quiff, i eat meat.
God! What am I doing here?

Does anyone know a good mariachi forum I can sign up to?

Back
Top Bottom