What if this was an album

Perhaps even the only album released post Refusal. This place would be so much more joyful. I can’t imagine Covid or the war in Ukraine happening either.

The title of the album would be Blue Dreamer’s Eyes. And this would be the front cover shot.

View attachment 103876

1. Blue Dreamers…
2. Istanbul
3. Forgive someone
4. River clean
5. Mountjoy
6. Smiler

7. Drag the…
8. One of our own
9. Brow of…
10. By the time…
11. Julie in…
12. I couldn’t understand…

Imagine the songs being produced by a single producer and the sound being somewhat coherent. I’m thinking warm and atmospheric.

Band line-up:
Boz, guitar
Alain, guitar, backing vocals
Mando, bass
Matt, drums
Gustavo, keys/piano
Forget Bonfire, Without Music etc.
The fact that Blue Dreamers Eyes has never had an official release is criminal.

Forget Bonfire, Without Music etc.
The fact that Blue Dreamers Eyes has never had an official release is criminal.
Absolutely 100 percent criminal. Blows most, if not all, of his material post 2009 out of the water. His judgment is shot.

Perhaps even the only album released post Refusal. This place would be so much more joyful. I can’t imagine Covid or the war in Ukraine happening either.

The title of the album would be Blue Dreamer’s Eyes. And this would be the front cover shot.

View attachment 103876

1. Blue Dreamers…
2. Istanbul
3. Forgive someone
4. River clean
5. Mountjoy
6. Smiler

7. Drag the…
8. One of our own
9. Brow of…
10. By the time…
11. Julie in…
12. I couldn’t understand…

Imagine the songs being produced by a single producer and the sound being somewhat coherent. I’m thinking warm and atmospheric.

Band line-up:
Boz, guitar
Alain, guitar, backing vocals
Mando, bass
Matt, drums
Gustavo, keys/piano
That's just a random collection of songs though. It might work as a compilation 'best of' album. Is that what you are suggesting?
There is undoubtedly a theme running though any Morrissey album. 'Bonfire', for instance. Death. Loss. Decay. The blue flu that comes for us all. Redemption.
For World Peace there are themes of the abuse of power and control, and rebellion. Those themes are not so apparent in your suggested album.

That's just a random collection of songs though. It might work as a compilation 'best of' album. Is that what you are suggesting?
There is undoubtedly a theme running though any Morrissey album. 'Bonfire', for instance. Death. Loss. Decay. The blue flu that comes for us all. Redemption.
For World Peace there are themes of the abuse of power and control, and rebellion. Those themes are not so apparent in your suggested album.
I think there’s a “theme” musically. This whole “album” musically has a nostalgic, warm, melancholy vibe and I think these songs fit nicely together. And most of the songs are inner reflections concerning love, death and alienation. I think it would have worked.

Back
Top Bottom