Why do you think Morrissey attracts 'mostly latinos'?

morrissey is a dedicated vegetarian, who insists his crew eat veggie on tour ( what a man x)
who doesn't wear leather shoes anymore. that happened in the 80's when there wasn't any choice. I read a few interviews in the 90's when he said that his shoes where man made and there's the April 2006 issue of SPIN Magazine he says he wears fake leather shoes.
however who are the band you speak of?

i dint believe this rumour either spreaded by some band (from manchester? in the 80 ties early 90ties) that he has eaten a burger at mc donalds. either..this band didnt like the man much....[/QUOTE]

morrissey is a dedicated vegetarian, who insists his crew eat veggie on tour ( what a man x)
who doesn't wear leather shoes anymore. that happened in the 80's when there wasn't any choice. I read a few interviews in the 90's when he said that his shoes where man made and there's the April 2006 issue of SPIN Magazine he says he wears fake leather shoes.
however who are the band you speak of?

i dint believe this rumour either spreaded by some band (from manchester? in the 80 ties early 90ties) that he has eaten a burger at mc donalds. either..this band didnt like the man much....

Anybody have a clue who?
I'm completely sure he's still vegetarian, it's just like those paparazzi pictures of him supposedly leaving a steak house. :sleeping:

ooooooops i did not notice that:eek::eek:...must be made of tofu...:eek:

or the man have mistaken it..

he has flaws.. but moz eating meat..i doubt it highly
someone who is this outspoken...about this topic

i dint believe this rumour either spreaded by some band (from manchester? in the 80 ties early 90ties) that he has eaten a burger at mc donalds. either..this band didnt like the man much....

Maybe he was buying it for another person. Maybe it was an optical confusion (illusion). :p

In answer to the original question, part of it might be to do with the way that many latinos feel 'left out' of American society. Much of the Smiths and Morrissey's work appeals to the disenfranchised due to the repeated themes of isolation, despair, hatred of authority and railing against the establishment.

That's my guess anyway

Agreed.

My wife is Mexican, and she introduced me to the smiths when we first met. She said that she sees a connection in that a lot of Mexican mariachi songs are about loss, unrequited love, bad times etc, but also have humor.. a mix of dark and light themes. She's told me that's one reason she believes latinos can relate to the smiths in the way that they do. There is a love of oldies/girl groups, 50's coverstars, etc.. that's ingrained in the culture. So i think that strikes a chord too.
________
vaporizer

Last edited:
oo

Anybody have a clue who?
I'm completely sure he's still vegetarian, it's just like those paparazzi pictures of him supposedly leaving a steak house. :sleeping:

it was the inspiral (sic) carpets

Back
Top Bottom