About Manchester by Mancunians (or their neighbours)

O
Mspendl is also a native of Nottingham and a big Notts Forest fan (yes Mike, I know they are not called 'Notts':p)

Jukebox Jury

:mad:

The chairman of Dundee Utd called us "Notts Forest" today. I kinda gave away I was f***ing about the internet when I was supposed to be working by shouting 'bastard!' at the monitor.

Anyway, to answer the original poster...

If you're going to go the proper uni, then yes.
If you're going to the met, then no.

I think it must have been. Big garden out the front & a restaurant adjoined to it.

Yes that sounds like it. The restaurant is TGI Fridays. I've never been. Not the nicest location for a hotel, just off junction 17.

I live the other side of the roundabout, about half a mile north.

Don't worry. As a student it is against the law to enter North Manchester. The Printworks is as far as you will be allowed!!

My parents are Mancs and I was born 20 odd miles away (in Lancashire) and I've lived here for more years than I haven't. That'll do for me.:p

Jukebox Jury

Manchester was in Lancashire, when I was born. Til they moved it!

Having been born there, I left Manchester 4 years ago and I live a bit further up north now. Apart from the very friendly people, who are also very generous, it must have one of the best city centres anywhere, full of galleries, museums, great pubs hidden everywhere, great shopping etc. I miss the peace and quiet of the the canals, though - I used to run for miles along the canals on Sundays. Oh, and you have to go to the Star & Garter Smiths night - it's one of the few things that I actually go back for these days! :)

Back
Top Bottom