Alain Whyte Interview

MyFilms

Hi

I recently interviewed Alain Whyte.

You can see Alains thoughts on working with Morrissey, his solo projects and his favourite movies here...

http://myfilms2010.blogspot.com/2010/10/interview-with-alain-whyte.html

For those of you who are interested there are also interviews with some of the cast from "This Is England '86", Duglas T Stewart (BMX Bandits), Boz Boorer and Adele Bethel as well as reviews on a lot of films!

If you like the blog please take a minute to register as a follower.

Ta.

MyFilms

thanks for posting.
it's the first thing I've seen from Alain, tho, to imply his working relationship with Morrissey is over ("my time working with Morrissey was ...").
if this is the case, it's a huge concern, not to mention shame. Alain's provided almost all the musical highlights of the last 3 albums...

thanks for posting.
it's the first thing I've seen from Alain, tho, to imply his working relationship with Morrissey is over ("my time working with Morrissey was ...").
if this is the case, it's a huge concern, not to mention shame. Alain's provided almost all the musical highlights of the last 3 albums...

I did notice that when we were speaking but didn't probe any further...if I were a "real" journalist I would have. But I'm not! So I didn't!

If Alain quits writing with Morrissey we are all doomed. Completely.

Boz, bless his kind soul, seems to have passed his expiration date and Jesse, the hack, is forever incapable of writing good stuff (a few exceptions though).

This can't be.

It sounded to me as though he was referring to the days when he used to play live in Morrissey's band. It sounds as though he'll still be writing for him, but not playing.

If/when Morrissey releases a new album, I think it would be smart money to bet that Alain will be responsible for roughly half the co-writing credits, if not more. It is a shame that he doesn't play in the studio anymore, as I think he offers a bit of a subtle touch that was missing from Years of Refusal. His playing on his recent myspace clips and, more so, on the Setting Fires EP has been really strong.

Good point about Alain missing from the studio lineup on Years... I still really enjoy that album but it certainly is missing some of the defter and subtler touches that Ringleader and prior had. I think Gary was finally coming into his own on Ringleader as well.

Boz still comes up with a gem now and then (particularly the "prettier" songs) but Alain's range is hard to replace. I know how you feel about Jesse -- I can't argue really but I still think some of his stuff could serve as "blueprints" for someone like Alain to work from, but on their own his compositions are like a builder filling in for an architect.

If/when Morrissey releases a new album, I think it would be smart money to bet that Alain will be responsible for roughly half the co-writing credits, if not more. It is a shame that he doesn't play in the studio anymore, as I think he offers a bit of a subtle touch that was missing from Years of Refusal. His playing on his recent myspace clips and, more so, on the Setting Fires EP has been really strong.

I first met Alain Whyte when I was labouring under the, mistaken, belief that I was the second coming of Morrissey. It didn’t matter to me that Morrissey wasn’t dead (creatively or physically) I just knew that I was to be His Masters Voice for my generation.

:squiffy:

thanks for posting.

I have to agree with you on this.
If Alain isn't writing with Moz , then I hope Moz gets a whole new gang (something he should have done for the last LP)
Just for "Life is a pigsty alone", Alain deserves nothing but praise. From what I hear he is a lovely man as well.
Boz seems like a nice chap but he stands around and plays like a drunk uncle who has forgotten where he lives- no surprise as he seems to play all over with all sorts of people.

Back
Top Bottom