Article: "Morrissey FAQ - All That's Left To Know About This Charming Man" by D. McKinney (May 26, 2

Re: New Book: Morrissey FAQ - All That's Left To Know About This Charming Man

It's probably just a case of him being lucky, or despite the fall outs, the people he's worked with haven't been that bad after all.

You have to be a certain kind of person to blab to the press about somebody famous, most people probably have enough about them not to do it.

Indeed. And what people often overlook in spite of Moz's blah blah to the press, I can't remember that he ever discussed anything deeply personal about the private lifes of his collaborators (past and present). He surely knows things about them as well but it's nobodies business. Even in the Smiths he said about Andy's "problem" in an interview "It's not for me to talk about it." And people constantly act like Moz is the only human being with faults. Everybody has faults. But somehow people who accuse Moz of always blaming others are guilty of the same crime only that they put the blame solely on Moz. I can only say that I would rather tell Moz my secrets than anybody else.

definitely not a diary and no probably not damon but even as seclusive as he is he still lives and interacts with the world. i doubt that there will be no revelations at all after his death given the interest in him in the present

definitely not a diary and no probably not damon but even as seclusive as he is he still lives and interacts with the world. i doubt that there will be no revelations at all after his death given the interest in him in the present

Damon will never talk, which is a shame for us because he's got 7 years worth of juicy info.

Other people will.

What is the real reason for so many cancelations?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

It's probably just a case of him being lucky, or despite the fall outs, the people he's worked with haven't been that bad after all.

You have to be a certain kind of person to blab to the press about somebody famous, most people probably have enough about them not to do it.

You've been around when David make the statement about a tour roadie , named unpaid, it's some years ago,saying he wasn't paid in a UK tour/gigs

Morissey demanded David to take it away or His lawyers would take David to court, that was also kinda the split
between David tsjeng, our Hero, who goes on, and treaten badly , but still loves the Smiths and Morrissey, but Morrissey started being childish with soloW
The lowest was at a gig, when Morrissey saw David, and he was guarded outside past year in Scandinavia, and not welcome at Morrissey gigs

ask David how He can be

'and they say he's mentall...Viva David Tsjeng...

You've been around when David make the statement about a tour roadie , named unpaid, it's some years ago,saying he wasn't paid in a UK tour/gigs

Morissey demanded David to take it away or His lawyers would take David to court, that was also kinda the split
between David tsjeng, our Hero, who goes on, and treaten badly , but still loves the Smiths and Morrissey, but Morrissey started being childish with soloW
The lowest was at a gig, when Morrissey saw David, and he was guarded outside past year in Scandinavia, and not welcome at Morrissey gigs

ask David how He can be

'and they say he's mentall...Viva David Tsjeng...

I've not been around here long enough for any of that. What I was saying was more that the people around Morrissey haven't been that bad as despite the fall outs they've generally kept things above the belt.

On the latter point, can you imagine what it must be like to have every part of your life scrutinized and speculated over? Everyone must have a tipping point.

pre-Smiths bands, musical and literary influences, important gigs, opening bands, TV appearances and even snarky fan letters he wrote to the NME and Melody Maker in the ‘70s. Everyone knows Morrissey loved the New York Dolls and Sparks. Aerosmith? “They are as original as a bar of soap.” Riverside-based writer D. McKinney signs her new book tonight, which happens to also be Morrissey’s unhappy birthday, but you already knew that.

http://www.laweekly.com/event/d-mckinney-on-morrissey-5576328

Personally, all I want to know is, should we (he) be worried about Operation Hydrant?

Dr Mc Kinney sure looks like the type of person who would know...

Damon will never talk, which is a shame for us because he's got 7 years worth of juicy info.

Other people will.

but i don't think most people and the press aren't that interested in Morrissey later years as much as his youger years, especially his years with the Smiths. I feel like mostly fans care about current Morrissey tbqh

but i don't think most people and the press aren't that interested in Morrissey later years as much as his youger years, especially his years with the Smiths. I feel like mostly fans care about current Morrissey tbqh

But there are more than enough questions about his whole life you could write about. I find it quite fascinating. He is not like many other famous people who settle down eventually, marry and have five children. He is not like many other singers whose concerts are all the same and where nothing unexpected happens. In this respect, a lot of questions remain unanswered.

oh I don't believe that. for just one example people are always asking about jake and im sure hes told some people some things that they will spill eventually. its comming

oh I don't believe that. for just one example people are always asking about jake and im sure hes told some people some things that they will spill eventually. its comming

eh, not really. Mostly fans care about that stuff and also i feel like he also didn't hide his relationship with Jake, so it's not like it's a huge mystery or something. I feel like the press and people are more interested in his relationship with Johnny marr and The Smith's split (not even gonna lie, i would really want to know the real reason behind their breakup, but i know it will never be known)

eh, not really. Mostly fans care about that stuff and also i feel like he also didn't hide his relationship with Jake, so it's not like it's a huge mystery or something. I feel like the press and people are more interested in his relationship with Johnny marr and The Smith's split (not even gonna lie, i would really want to know the real reason behind their breakup, but i know it will never be known)

well from time spent here many asked about jake, here. I remember a conversation, many really, where it was said here that he wouldn't rest his head on his stomach that way saying to me that they still question and were looking for answers. I find that people under thirty know moz better than they know the smiths. they know the smiths name but know moz songs etc. I mean his solo vids were played and seen while most of the smiths stuff no one saw at the time. I think for older people its the smiths but to many younger ones these days moz is the smiths in there mind and couldn't name a song besides maybe how soon is now. again that's here in the u.s though

well from time spent here many asked about jake, here. I remember a conversation, many really, where it was said here that he wouldn't rest his head on his stomach that way saying to me that they still question and were looking for answers. I find that people under thirty know moz better than they know the smiths. they know the smiths name but know moz songs etc. I mean his solo vids were played and seen while most of the smiths stuff no one saw at the time. I think for older people its the smiths but to many younger ones these days moz is the smiths in there mind and couldn't name a song besides maybe how soon is now. again that's here in the u.s though

but that was before his autobiography. After his book, his relationship with Jake is not such a big mystery anymore.

I think it's the complete opposite. I feel like young people know or care more about The Smiths than Morrissey's solo carreer. It also helps that films such as 500 days of summer help the band gain new fans (i hate that movie, but it is pretty popular among young people). I think it's because The Smiths are considered cooler than Morrissey and also because the style of the group (and especially Moz) is very appealing for young pretentious people and hispters too. All you have to do is look at tumblr/instagram/twitter, when the most popular morrissey post/photos are during his time with The Smiths and photos of the band or him with Johnny Marr or the post that get most notes are related to Smiths songs, not Morrissey solo :/

Got this yesterday since I had a gift card and I like to get my hands on any Morrissey related book I can to display on my shelf. It's not good. It's got a lot of factual errors, way too much opinion, and just seems really half assed. It's fun for a leaf through at the book store if you see it, but I wouldn't recommend.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom