ATTN: ALL MOZ FANS

B

boingo79

isn't it funny how all of a sudden everyone is "DOWN" with Morrissey. I bet they are the same people who were the ones at Inland Invasion yelling "Boys Don't Cry" when The Cure was playing. Also the same people who are "Down" with "Valerie loves Me" I think its funny, but also so very sad. I'd rather have MOZmania then nothing though. I guess I will bitch all the way to the Wiltern, then to M.E.N. Do the real Morrissey fans feel the same way?

I have for a very long time. Moz is sort of an "in thing" for a time,then they avoid him like the plague. Ive been a fan for a number of years(going on 16),and i feel a sort of "brush off" by other music fans at the mere mention of the mans name. Most people dont appreciate good music,if they did,theyd make moz an everyday part of their lives.

As far as radio stations are concerned,I couldnt agree with you more. Most 80's clubs/stations play the same "3 or 4" smiths songs we hear on any given day at a club. Most of the time,when you ask them for say "girlfriend in a coma" or "there is a light that never goes out" or so many other wonderful songs,they're all like 'well I um...ermm...left that one at home"...bullshit. Its ok to admit you dont have it,but its not ok to not make it a part of your everyday life. You can never get enough morrissey.I especially like it when someone says"well,who's heard of the smiths anyways????? most people havent so why would we play something by them??" yet,every single fuggin time they play a smiths/morrissey track,its like the world stops all of a sudden for a moment or 3. I just laugh.

yeah man, exactly! We need more people listening/remembering the days of bands such as Oingo Boingo! It is sad grease balls only care to listen to the obvious... No diss, It's just highly rare to meet someone who has 'interesting' taste in music.

And that, Pimpy, was your best post ever!!!!!

p.s. Moz takes the "Orange Stuff" at the Mickey D's on Crescent and Sunset Blvd. Just my way of letting you know, I know!!

Thanks...Only speaking the truth though. Now,if we could just get more radio stations to play morrissey...man wouldnt life be set as we know it????.

BTW,I know he 'takes the orange drink" at that mickey 'd s...we go there from time to time and he talks about the YO.

Agreed again. I love oingo boingo,,and the furs,the alarm,the cult,duran,so many others. Most of us have grown up to those bands,so when bands come in and claim they're"influenced" by morrissey,the stray cats and so on,is that a compliment??? I mean,if you were "influenced" by them,why do you play music to 12 year olds??? I think you know what Im getting at???

There's nothing wrong with admitting you're a diehard morrissey fan,its wrong when you deny it and then we find out later.

Ive said it before and gladly will say it again"its morrissey's world...we just live in it"!!!!!!!! aint dat da truth!!!!!!!!

nice job pimp.I've changed my opinion about you over the past few months. Please dont change,we need more people like you on this board and in this world.You really do make me smile everyday,thank you for that.I hope you never leave here,this board wouldn't be the same without you.

p.s. have a great day pimpy

Halleluiah to that! Even though I was still in the cradle when these bands where around; I had siblings & cousins who followed 80's acts during their time. I was fortunate to grow up listening to some good shit even though the 80's had been long gone.

Uh! And I hate bands claiming they've been influenced by The Smiths/Moz... I find it quite embarrassing. If they were influenced I certainly cannot hear it. Damn twats! I shouldn't blame them since they're played like fiddles by the industry... but they should have the cajones to stand up for themselves. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

> isn't it funny how all of a sudden everyone is "DOWN" with
> Morrissey. I bet they are the same people who were the ones at Inland
> Invasion yelling "Boys Don't Cry" when The Cure was playing.
> Also the same people who are "Down" with "Valerie loves
> Me" I think its funny, but also so very sad. I'd rather have MOZmania
> then nothing though. I guess I will bitch all the way to the Wiltern, then
> to M.E.N. Do the real Morrissey fans feel the same way?

That's what I hate about all you so-called "real" Moz fans. What's your definition of a "real" Moz fan anyway? I've been to 40+ Moz shows thus far and 6 more coming up & I'm glad I'm not in your little popularity contest that you call being a "real" Moz fan. Just because someone listens to The Cure doesn't mean one cannot be "down" with Moz. I'll be at all 6 shows (so far) in So Cal & the M.E.N. show as well. I also will be at Coachella to see my #2 all time favorite band, The Cure. So f*** YOU and all you so-called "real" Moz fans. I'll see you at the front of the line!

Re: ATTN: ALL MOZ FANS (Smith#1,,,)

> That's what I hate about all you so-called "real" Moz fans.
> What's your definition of a "real" Moz fan anyway? I've been to
> 40+ Moz shows thus far and 6 more coming up & I'm glad I'm not in your
> little popularity contest that you call being a "real" Moz fan.
> Just because someone listens to The Cure doesn't mean one cannot be
> "down" with Moz. I'll be at all 6 shows (so far) in So Cal &
> the M.E.N. show as well. I also will be at Coachella to see my #2 all time
> favorite band, The Cure. So f*** YOU and all you so-called
> "real" Moz fans. I'll see you at the front of the line!

If you are a real Moz fan, you should not be affended by such comments. It was generically set out to all the people who say they LOVE Moz...but only know songs like "Girlfriend In A Comma." I to love the Cure, but I can't figure out if I like Soft Cell or Depeche Mode better than them. I think its awesome that you are going to MEN, as am I. So don't be offended by the post. It obviously wasn't aimed towards you, just the posers. Believe me you will be able to tell who they are in the crowed, as they are the idiots who feel that a Morrissey concert is the place for a Mosh Pit.

Nothing wrong with liking the cure too brudda. I like the plimsouls,but Im a huge moz fan.

Back
Top Bottom