Best Moz gig?

B

Bluenose

OK, so I'm sure this has been done to death in the past, but what was the best Moz gig you lot have been to?

I was reminiscing about the Battersea Power Station gig (Dec 1997) the other day. I remember sat there open-mouthed as he came on stage. However, I'd say he gig I enjoyed most was at Nottingham Rock Cty in November 1999. Was close to the front at all times, had an excellent view and he did old stuff that I thought I would never hear live.

By the way, does anyone else suffer form Morrissey-enduced amnesia? I always have difficulty in remembering the set listing - even a few songs whenever I see him live. I think I'm too dazed at the experience.

Santa Barbara, 1999
Boston, MA 1997
Lowell, MA 1997 (I was literally leaning against the stage while watching)
Vegas, any time (seen him in '99 and '02 there)

I have always been good at remembering set lists.....so its not usually a problem for me, unless I have had a bit too much to drink.

I remember Lowell very well.

When the lights went out the entire seated audience rushed to the front...the handful of elderly security guards had no clue what was happening. I too leaned on that railing...Moz fell into my girlfriend(at the time) and I during Hold onto your Friends. I was much younger then, so we followed the tour bus back to Boston..well Cambridge really....and watched as Moz darted into his hotel...with myself, the girlfriend, and svenja from Manchester in hot pursuit. I followed Moz onto the elevator but was quickly pushed out by one of his henchman, but not before Moz gave me a smile. A fun night all around...I remember waiting in the freezing cold for hours outside the venue...meeting some very nice folks...A girl who went to Harvard I believe...and svenja of course who provided the battered vehicle...

> Santa Barbara, 1999
> Boston, MA 1997
> Lowell, MA 1997 (I was literally leaning against the stage while watching)
> Vegas, any time (seen him in '99 and '02 there)

> I have always been good at remembering set lists.....so its not usually a
> problem for me, unless I have had a bit too much to drink.

Re: I remember Lowell very well.

> When the lights went out the entire seated audience rushed to the
> front...the handful of elderly security guards had no clue what was
> happening.

Yes, I don't think those blue-hairs knew what to make of Moz-Mania!!

Now that I think of it, I also saw Morrissey in Providence, RI on the Malajusted tour. That was a good show too. I really enjoyed that tour. Just wished he had dipped little further back into his solo cataloge. All songs (with the exception of the 2 Smiths songs) were from Vauxhall, Southpaw, and Maladjusted. Not a bad thing, but a couple golden oldies from Viva, Bona, or Arsenal would of made the shows perfect.

Re: I remember Lowell very well.

Personally i was a bit dissappointed by the tour...it was my first time seeing the moz live, i had started listening around 92....and I found it a bit odd really..moz looked heavier than he does now..and his hair was oddly short...he seemed very lackluster on occasion and the setlist was a bit poor...Maladjusted as an LP i found very average and it didnt make for a very good set overall....having said this I will admit to seeing him in NYC twice,Lowell,toronto,DC,and Boston on that tour!

Yes, I don't think those blue-hairs knew what to make of Moz-Mania!!

> Now that I think of it, I also saw Morrissey in Providence, RI on the
> Malajusted tour. That was a good show too. I really enjoyed that tour.
> Just wished he had dipped little further back into his solo cataloge. All
> songs (with the exception of the 2 Smiths songs) were from Vauxhall,
> Southpaw, and Maladjusted. Not a bad thing, but a couple golden oldies
> from Viva, Bona, or Arsenal would of made the shows perfect.

Back
Top Bottom