Do you remember your first time?

My first time hasn't happened yet!! I'm a Moz Concert virgin. however, I will definitely be getting my cherry popped on June 29th, and i'm pretty sure its going to be the most awesome frickin night of my life. I better buy some matching lace underwearz just for the special occasion ;) :D

Ah you're gonna love it. To capture that moment again...

Well I do most times I see him though I got a little battle-hardened and cynical last year. (Cheltenham Town hall was my 7th gig of the year) And then he did the Palladium gig and all was forgiven!

And then G-mex was fantastic too. Hope he does a similar set for the Americans but I can't see him doing 90 minutes for over 3 or 4 months.

Cal Expo, Sacramento 1991

It's an open arena. Nobody plays there now, they go to Arco Arena instead, which is a basketball arena with bad sound and thuggish police. Anyway, I went with a friend of mine, Nichole. It was a great show, but in the summer it doesn't get dark until late and so the lighting and projections didn't do that much. But the music was so good.

I remember they had big cardboard boxes for you to put gifts, letters, and flowers in, and I think they were not letting you into the main place with flowers. BUT, they did let me carry in a duffel bag!!! and they didn't even really search it. We hadn't had time to go to the hotel first so it had all our clothes and things.

Phranc had quarters thrown at her and said "thanks! I need to do laundry."

They had the Edith Sitwell projection and I bought that shirt. My aunt hated that shirt and said it was ugly. I still have it and it's wearable but I've gotten larger and it's gotten smaller and I can't wear it anymore.

He was actually much better in Pasadena, as was the venue and the entire show. These other early shows sound magical, but I'm saying that if you missed him then, don't cry and feel that the best is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah you're gonna love it. To capture that moment again...

Well I do most times I see him though I got a little battle-hardened and cynical last year. (Cheltenham Town hall was my 7th gig of the year) And then he did the Palladium gig and all was forgiven!

And then G-mex was fantastic too. Hope he does a similar set for the Americans but I can't see him doing 90 minutes for over 3 or 4 months.

so mr birds do you travel up down the country to see him then?

not stupid at all! i know im gonna cry when i see him for the first time. i hope he plays there is a light. i know i'll enjoy the show(s) either way, but my one only REAL request is that he play there is a light. it's my favorite song of all time, and if i heard it live, i could finally die with a smile on my face...

i know in 2004 he closed every show with it. but i was a broke college kid back then and couldnt go :(

edit: oh i just noticed you said it was 2004 when you saw him, ha sorry i was being redundant

I know you will love it and may well cry. The first time I think is the best. It's sort of special. Though I enjoyed the concerts last year, that first one was just unreal. I am so jealous of you all over there, I know we had more than our fair share last year, but it was the best year I ever had, thanks to Morrissey. I hope it's not long before he's back. I'd love to come to USA but I don't fly. Enjoy!!!

so mr birds do you travel up down the country to see him then?

Well I did last year (and 2004, 3 times) and I went to the RAH gig and saw him in Brum in 1995. I guess travelling is anything further than an hour away in the UK, in my eyes!
I don't think I'd do it again Two or three times a tour is probably enough.

Also saw him in Amsterdam and Benicassim last year. Highly recommend seeing Moz abroad.

"That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England."

Well I did last year (and 2004, 3 times) and I went to the RAH gig and saw him in Brum in 1995. I guess travelling is anything further than an hour away in the UK, in my eyes!
I don't think I'd do it again Two or three times a tour is probably enough.

Also saw him in Amsterdam and Benicassim last year. Highly recommend seeing Moz abroad.

"That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England."

be nice to go over seas, doubt if it happen for me thou (family, money).

Back
Top Bottom