Do you think that Morrissey will eventually commit suicide?

what an incredibly tasteless thread.

An uncomfortable subject doesn't equate to bad taste. No one is wishing him ill. No private correspondence is being disclosed by his analyst. I fail to see a lack of taste here.

It is an attempt to gather conjecture as to his mental state inasmuch as to debate whether he is the kind of person who might kill himself. As noted before, many other artists with his temperament have done so.

A cursory scan of his lyrics and interviews and behavior is, at the very least, somewhat alarming. I think if he were someone in your family, or a friend, and he gave half the indicators he has given, you'd worry or at least discuss it with others around hum. Now granted, he is a famous cultural figure not a loved one, but we care about him enough to enjoy or critique his music, and many of us have gained a great deal of entertainment and/or solace from his art over the years. So I think there is nothing wrong or taboo about asking this question, given the context.

But you don't like me, so therefore you are going to be critical. Or maybe the subject matter itself is something you don't have the stomach for...and that's fine. But that doesn't make it tasteless.

If you don't want to participate in the thread or you think it's tasteless, just stay out of it. We'll be fine, I'm sure.

I don't want him to, or anything. But I wonder sometimes if he ever would. It's hard to picture him getting old to the point of being unable to front a band, or make records, or tour...I mean hell, the touring part is already happening. And let's face it, things aren't going so well for him anymore.

Anyway, not to start shit or anything. I'm sincerely wondering if he will end that way. Many artistic, intelligent people have. Phil Ochs. Cobain. Elliot Smith. Hunter Thompson. Sylvia Plath. The list is very long.

The new album has several references to taking himself out, which granted all of his albums do but I don't know, something just seems very dark right now about him.

Welp, discuss.

And a great big kiss for the first moron to respond with, "no, but you should."

I think he's 100% committed to dying on stage. Seriously.

Right, because Morrissey never mentions suicide - except he mentions it A LOT. Is your shoe size higher than your IQ?

Speculating on whether someone is going to kill themselves or not. Yes that is f***ing brilliance.

Speculating on whether someone is going to kill themselves or not. Yes that is f***ing brilliance.

You really have a lack of intelligence. You STILL don't see the connection and I notice a trend in your posts of being extremely unintelligent. People speculate....because....Morrissey......talks.....about......suicide......a......lot.

I honestly think you're too dumb to ever understand so you should stop talking now.

Robin Williams is dead and it looks like it was suicide by asphyxiation. So I guess you can never tell who will do it. The ones you think would, don't and the ones you think won't, do.

Back
Top Bottom