Gilbert O'Sullivan a little irked with Morrissey

Gilbert O'Sullivan was interviewed in his home town on Waterford radio station wlrfm yesterday morning. The interviewer while introducing him referred to those whom he had influenced and said Morrissey amongst others. The other mention of interest was O' Sullivan saying he may play again in Waterford, having said years ago that he never would.

Gilbert O'Sullivan was interviewed in his home town on Waterford radio station wlrfm yesterday morning. The interviewer while introducing him referred to those whom he had influenced and said Morrissey amongst others. The other mention of interest was O' Sullivan saying he may play again in Waterford, having said years ago that he never would.

I'm nervous about this news. I'd love to see Gilbert live, but I fear it would be a disappointment. I think he would fare better than someone else from the 70s who I wanted to see. I bought tickets to see Dean Friedman in Halifax in the same place Morrissey played a few years ago. They called me to say that they'd be offering a refund, as only 7 tickets had been sold - and I'd bought two of them.

Peter

I'm nervous about this news. I'd love to see Gilbert live, but I fear it would be a disappointment. I think he would fare better than someone else from the 70s who I wanted to see. I bought tickets to see Dean Friedman in Halifax in the same place Morrissey played a few years ago. They called me to say that they'd be offering a refund, as only 7 tickets had been sold - and I'd bought two of them.

Peter

Oh dear. I'm looking forward to seeing him (Dean) when he comes to Manchester soon.. Hope I'm not the only one!

Last edited:
Oh dear. I'm looking forward to seeing him (Dean) when he comes to Manchester soon.. Hope I'm not the only one!

Gotta love the Jewish pot-smoking Peekskill-dwelling songsmith. He's a top bloke. Years ago, when I was playing some of his songs, I sent him an e-mail, and, quick as a flash, he sent back a detailed description of the songs with chords and tabs. Top bloke, hugely under-rated songwriter. Shopping Bag Ladies is terrific. As are a lot of others he's done.

This is from last year...

P.

P.S - sorry for hijacking the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom