I Know It's Over / Oboe Concerto

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
I was just in the kitchen doing the dishes and got the "There's a song I can't stand and it's stuck in my head" line... well, stuck in my head.

However, I keep hearing the line "head" drawn-out like in I Know It's Over..... i.e. "Mother, I can feel, the soil... falling over my heeeeeaaaaaad".

Anyone else make that correlation sometimes? It makes the former song sound even more beautiful in my mind's ear.

Why is it called Oboe Concerto? Anything more sophisticated than the fact there is an oboe playing?

Why is it called Oboe Concerto? Anything more sophisticated than the fact there is an oboe playing?

More importantly, why was it never played live?!

I don't know why it is called Oboe Concerto but that is because I always sing Death of a Disco Dancer over the top of it for some reason :lbf:

I've always more heard the (often pointed out) similarities between that song and "Death of a Disco Dancer" but I can see a little of "I Know It's Over" too, come to think of it. I think "Oboe Concerto" is an awesome last song for the album.

Back
Top Bottom