jack the ripper

Apart from being a B-Side, the song was part of both the rarities collection MY EARLY BURGLARY YEARS and the live album BEETHOVEN WAS DEAF.

but they should finally release the studio version of jack the ripper!
why didnt they do this?IVe heard it and the - the studio version-is excellent
.the live version is on the beethoven album sooo.....I wonder why they put the liveversion repeately on either of these best of/rarities albums: BURGLARY YEARS,,world of..
Its still hiding on the "Certain people I know"single:mad:

Last edited:
I was talking to Boz about this back in 99 over in Ireland...

He said that they didn't have a lot of time to finish the song. They basically put what they had on the b-side. He said it wasn't that they didn't like it but they liked the new adaptation of it better.

If you listen to it through the years from bootlegs it actually has taken on some different sounds from the 1992 version (which is also on the Now My Heart Is Full US single). A great song both in the studio and live but one that I've heard so many times now I'm ready for it to be shelved for something else.. like the return of Speedway.

I was talking to Boz about this back in 99 over in Ireland...

He said that they didn't have a lot of time to finish the song. They basically put what they had on the b-side. He said it wasn't that they didn't like it but they liked the new adaptation of it better.

Interesting. So why didn't they re-do a studio version with the newer arrangement?

I've always wanted to hear that extra verse from the studio version added to the live one. It makes the song so much more ominous.

SHOW THEM HOW ITS DONE;Moz:guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
Its still hiding on the "Certain people I know"single:mad:

There are so many beautiful songs hiding on b-sides ... but then again, isn't that the fun of it? Putting only shit onto the b-sides wouldn't make collecting the singles as interesting as it is!

There are so many beautiful songs hiding on b-sides ... but then again, isn't that the fun of it? Putting only shit onto the b-sides wouldn't make collecting the singles as interesting as it is!
yes i now thats part of the game..someone as interested in music like for example morrissey has a reason doing that..hasnt he named often the most obsure bsides (of other artists) as his fave..so he let his fans doing that search for his songs as well..and hides his best songs as a bside..that all goes without saying
but concerning the casual fans or other people ,who get into him and slag him off cause they found his album material too weak
so they will never know about these bside gems
I has did it too looking for gems , unrealeased, bsides,liveversions stuff
for my other favebands like sonic youth, neubauten , nick cave, björk and many more
did go to records fairs (an(every month)though, they or at least I didnt have ebay-any internet acess anywhere back then..-mid/late 90ties

Last edited:
concerning the casual fans or other people who get into him who slag him off cause they found their album material too weak and they never know abou thtese bside gems

Those who find his albums too weak are not worthy of the b-sides anyway ... :D

Seriously, I think it's a great thing to get high quality b-sides ... in case of YATQ we got twelve of them, which makes Quarry kind of a double album!

Those who find his albums too weak are not worthy of the b-sides anyway ... :D

Seriously, I think it's a great thing to get high quality b-sides ... in case of YATQ we got twelve of them, which makes Quarry kind of a double album!

i totally agree, the quarry bsides where AMAZING and there were so many. i agree with the previous person though, i think it's annoying sometimes when he puts stronger tracks that should could have been hit singles as b-sides ,and then releases singles that aren't nearly as good *coughROTTcough* :p best foot forward is best!!

Tags
emotardness is a disease! moz = god
Back
Top Bottom