Johnny Marr Bookstore sighting

I just returned from Portland, Oregon. On Saturday night I went to Powell's bookstore and purchased some Smith's books. The clerk informed me that Johnny Marr had been in the night before. I asked him what he bought and he said some punk books and postcards. He also said he didn't recognize him and it wasn't until he paid for his purchases that he realized it was Johnny Marr standing in front of him. I thanked him for the insight and told him he had made my day. :)

Thanks for the great news, CaliforniaMozGirl!! That would have made my day as well. I adore Johnny! I guess that Portland is now his home since he's with Modest Mouse. You are lucky to have found Smiths books in an actual bookstore. I have to order all of mine online.:o:)

I asked the clerk if he ever plays bars around town but he said no, just with Modest Mouse. I go out to Portland once a year and was hoping maybe he'd be playing somewhere. :guitar:

That's really neat! Heh, I don't know what I would have done if I had been at that store that day...

Hey Mell, tickets to Portland are cheap! You can fill up your Morrissey/Smiths dance card in less than a year!

Worm that is CLASSIC!

i would be happy for you but you got nicked.. seeing how modest mouse have been in australia for the last week..but now are in japan.. perhaps he was thinking a few weeks back cause johnny was in portland then

Oh no... You're right! I feel like a real sucker... Well maybe Johnny took a supersonic jet back to Portland for the evening to get his fix at Powell's and then headed back to Australia... At least this is what I am telling myself... Of all the low down dirty fibs to tell a Smiths fan. :eek: People suck!

Back
Top Bottom