Making fun of fat people is worse than Hitler!

• Thread starter Mindy, the fatso Jewish fattie
  • Start date
M

Mindy, the fatso Jewish fattie

Don't you go and make fun of us! I like to eat garlic mashed potato and brush my teeth with gravy.

Re: Fat people are funny

"Humor is always better when it is at someone elses expense"

-Morrisey

Re: Then should we laugh at your spelling of 'Morrisey'?

in jest, in one of my posts criticizing people for calling moz fat, i said people who mock people because of their weight are worse than hitler. within that same post, i said that was hyperbole, but continued on to say that it is equally wrong to hate someone because of their appearance as it is to hate someone because of their race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. so please ignore people who try to twist my words.

i really don't think they're worse than hitler, but i do think they are bad people.

> in jest, in one of my posts criticizing people for calling moz fat, i said
> people who mock people because of their weight are worse than hitler.
> within that same post, i said that was hyperbole, but continued on to say
> that it is equally wrong to hate someone because of their appearance as it
> is to hate someone because of their race, religion, sexual orientation,
> etc. so please ignore people who try to twist my words.

> i really don't think they're worse than hitler, but i do think they are
> bad people.

I don't know, *sigh* I go back and fourth about the fat thing. I know some obesity is out of their control, but too many use depression, genetics, whatever as an excuse. I have loved ones who are fat and from what I know of them it's just laziness (both with excersize and too many McDonalds drive-ups) and lack of self control. I have a hard time feeling sorry for fatties, especially when I have to share close quarters with them. To a certain extent I feel that a little mocking of fat people might inspire them to to something about their weight and therefore improve their health, and then you've done a good deed in the end, right? Besides, coddling does no one any good, only makes one weaker.

i am human and i need to be loved -- or at least my humanity needs to be validated

actually, i was a thin child, but around the time my mother was diagnosed with cancer (when i was 9), i started gaining a bit of weight. it was, in all likelihood, just a weight spurt because i didn't overeat and i played sports. however, people started making fun of me for growing wider faster than i grew taller (i didn't have my heighth spurt until i was like 15). even my own mother said some very very cruel things to me. you know how i reacted? did i go anorexic of bulimic? no. did i begin exercising compulsively? no. everyone deals with this stuff differently. i felt like i was being attacked, so i took on a "f*** the world" attitude. i actually did start to overeat as a big "f*** you" to all the people who tried to hurt me. i'm still somewhat overweight and while i am not happy and it has, i would say, ruined my life to an extent (not really because of how i look, but more because of how i feel about myself), i am still reticent to change. i don't like how in this culture you have to be a certain way to be accepted and i don't want to play into it. that's just the kind of person i am. i don't overeat anymore -- no more than most people anyway (everyone has bad days) -- and my diet isn't particularly unhealthy. my weight has stabilized; i haven't gained a pound since i was 16 (nearly 4 years). even so, every single day of my life, i feel dehumanized. i don't think anyone can disagree with me on the point that dehumanization of fat people is very very wrong.

Re: i am human and i need to be loved -- or at least my humanity needs to be validated

> actually, i was a thin child, but around the time my mother was diagnosed
> with cancer (when i was 9), i started gaining a bit of weight. it was, in
> all likelihood, just a weight spurt because i didn't overeat and i played
> sports. however, people started making fun of me for growing wider faster
> than i grew taller (i didn't have my heighth spurt until i was like 15).
> even my own mother said some very very cruel things to me. you know how i
> reacted? did i go anorexic of bulimic? no. did i begin exercising
> compulsively? no. everyone deals with this stuff differently. i felt like
> i was being attacked, so i took on a "f*** the world" attitude.
> i actually did start to overeat as a big "f*** you" to all the
> people who tried to hurt me. i'm still somewhat overweight and while i am
> not happy and it has, i would say, ruined my life to an extent (not really
> because of how i look, but more because of how i feel about myself), i am
> still reticent to change. i don't like how in this culture you have to be
> a certain way to be accepted and i don't want to play into it. that's just
> the kind of person i am. i don't overeat anymore -- no more than most
> people anyway (everyone has bad days) -- and my diet isn't particularly
> unhealthy. my weight has stabilized; i haven't gained a pound since i was
> 16 (nearly 4 years). even so, every single day of my life, i feel
> dehumanized. i don't think anyone can disagree with me on the point that
> dehumanization of fat people is very very wrong.

Dehumanization, no I don't agree with that. But I do consider our the American culture's issue with obesity in contrast with other countries and cultures. I guess it's debateable on whether it's our fault that we are so fat as a country. We are sort of like gold fish, as long as there is food they keep eating and eating and don't know when to stop until they have killed themselves. I just feel that people should start taking control and responsibility for themselves instead of blaming the rest of the world for their problems. I'm not necessarily talking about you.

Re: i am human and i need to be loved -- or at least my humanity needs to be validated

i know you aren't talking about me and i do agree that obesity is a problem (i don't know that i'm obese -- just overweight). i was just being honest about how i feel about people being made fun of because of their appearance, since i have had some experience with it. additionally, some people on this site have made comments about me being fat without ever having seen me. i don't run from it. i fully admit what i am.

Back
Top Bottom