Morrissey and The Smiths Official Most Downloaded Tracks Revealed - officialcharts.com

I was surprised at "That's How People Grow Up" as well. I find that to be a 'Morrisey-by-numbers' song and one of the weakest of the last three albums. I am very fond of "Years of Refusal" but that one is a yawn.

I was surprised at "That's How People Grow Up" as well. I find that to be a 'Morrisey-by-numbers' song and one of the weakest of the last three albums. I am very fond of "Years of Refusal" but that one is a yawn.

I have to agree. I have always been quick to defend Years of Refusal here, but that song was probably the worst on the album.

Only two that really surprised me was "I Am Throwing My Arms Around Paris" and that's how "People Grow Up."
I would have thought something from the Your Arsenal or Vauxhall and I would have made it onto the list.
But I wouldn't want to be accused of arguing with the buying public.

It's only because they were relatively recent singles released during the era of the mass download.
That really is the only reason. Paris is half decent but People Grow Up is, and has always been, just a horrible song.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom