Morrissey has retired

D

dot dot dot

There will be no more songs and no more albums, so why doesn't everyone just pack their bags and go home.

reardonst.jpg

Well, because there are a few of us that remain optimistic (yes, I said it) I won't pack my bags even if he actually says it for himself. I guess I am one of those die-hard sorts....

> Well, because there are a few of us that remain optimistic (yes,
> I said it) I won't pack my bags even if he actually says it for
> himself. I guess I am one of those die-hard sorts....

I have followed the career of Morrissey since the early days of The Smiths. If there is one aspect of his career that his opinion has not changed on it is the fact that he would not carry on for ever.
It is the end.

> I have followed the career of Morrissey since the early days of
> The Smiths. If there is one aspect of his career that his
> opinion has not changed on it is the fact that he would not
> carry on for ever.
> It is the end.

It could be, but then it might not be- why bother speculating on the man who specializes in surprises and stunning? I dunno. It is very well possible that we may be looking for them to recreate new mixes of old albums soon in our future; maybe he has found something to make him happier than the fans wanting him; maybe he has lost his beautiful head; maybe he started looking in the mirror and wonders what he'll do next- then got stuck on the face and couldn't look away; maybe he has struck a deal with mephistophilies and won't ever do anything ever again, but must make it look like he will...signed in blood, big interesting RR's, and boring old M.

::sigh::

Oh, you know...

Re: Morrissey has retired?

> Oh, you know...

he's the Department of Musical Warfare's most stealthiest.

I'd like him to keep it that way.

Re: Morrissey has retired?

I can see him as the new Fat Boy Moz.

After all if Norman Cook can go through the Housemartins and Beats International (to name but a few), why can't Moz. He has all the signs, an interest in Beck, Moby, and other one-named individuals...

Back
Top Bottom