Morrissey - The Jewel in the Crown

Tbevie

Girl afraid
Am I right in thinking that since this is an unauthorised Documentary, Morrissey doesn’t profit from it.

I bought this about a year ago and I’ve probably only watched it once. Defiantly not worth the money I paid for it so I was going to put it on youtube, to save other fans from wasting their money on this disappointing documentary.

theres not even any of his music in it, so i doubt he gets a red cent.

Am I right in thinking that since this is an unauthorised Documentary, Morrissey doesn’t profit from it.

I bought this about a year ago and I’ve probably only watched it once. Defiantly not worth the money I paid for it so I was going to put it on youtube, to save other fans from wasting their money on this disappointing documentary.

You are correct, sir.

interestingly, it's published by the same people who put out "Maximum Morrissey and The Smiths", Chrome Dreams I think they're called.
I thought maximum moz and smiths wasn't too bad, worth a listen once

Hey, thanks for uploading this.

Come on, it's not that bad! Bad is cobbled together TV and video clips with lame voiceover. At least they shot new interviews with some of Morrissey's collaborators and associates (that would be "former" in all those cases).

Still, good to hear how things went down from Streety's side, hear from Vini Reilly, Grand Showbiz etc.

Take it for what it is -- a bunch of interviews with people who previously worked with Moz, that's it.

Hey, thanks for uploading this.

Come on, it's not that bad! Bad is cobbled together TV and video clips with lame voiceover. At least they shot new interviews with some of Morrissey's collaborators and associates (that would be "former" in all those cases).

Still, good to hear how things went down from Streety's side, hear from Vini Reilly, Grand Showbiz etc.

Take it for what it is -- a bunch of interviews with people who previously worked with Moz, that's it.

Yeah I agree it’s interesting in parts. Also the other thing I like about it is that it’s a pro-Morrissey documentary. The people who contributed have nice things to say about him and almost stick up for him, which is something you certainly don’t get in any Smiths documentaries. But then I suppose the tile it’s self is quite complementary.

This might sound a bit strange but I am the only one who gets irritated by most journalists' pronunciation of Morrissey.? They say in a mocking way like it's some sort of pompous, haughty stagename instead of his bloody surname :rolleyes:. And Wilson ranting on about "Steven" and "John". Shut it you presumptuous fool.

Did anyone notice the title card on the program, where they pan into the little black and white rubber stampy image with the titles above and below? The background of that image is full grain leather. Hmmm... don't think they did their research very well. Might has well have been a stack of dead bunnies.

Edited to add: Check the first section, about 2:08 in.

Back
Top Bottom