Morrissey's cancelled publishing deal

I read it as Morrissey's outrage over F & F asking him to write a flattering blurb (or maybe even a special introduction?) for "Death's Sweet Kiss: Fifty Out-of-This-World Dessert Recipes by Gothic Gourmand 'Fat' Robert Smith".

F & F leaked some of Morrissey's rejected promotional blurbs. I don't know, they don't sound so good to me. Maybe we're better off without the deal.

Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code:

"The first time you pick it up, it's like being plugged into a giant wind-powered turbine that zaps you right in your spine with a chilling and all-too-believable conspiracy theory. And the second time? There was no second time, idiot. I never put it down".

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series:

"Brilliant and frightening all in one go. Meyer is a weighty female voice. A ringing endorsement for not drinking blood, not eating meat, not having sex, not having children, and for God's sake not living in the Pacific Northwest".

J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series:

"Time-consuming as these books might be to finish, in the long run you're better off because the overwhelming aroma of Rowling's viscous prose style will cure you forever of the desire to read literature".

Eric Clapton's Clapton:

"I cannot recommend this book enough. A fascinating and disturbing glance into the cavernous mind of an 'axeman'. Nobody will ever listen to the musings of legendary guitar players quite the same way again, I assure you".

Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper:

"Astonishing. Deeply affecting. The English language has been waiting for an argument for self-destruction on multiple levels-- I defy readers to finish this book without thinking of suicide ten or eleven times. Your beach bag won't be complete without it".

Lauren Conrad, L.A. Candy:

"Interested in clearing a room? I could not stop laughing from page one. The laughs came in torrents, great massive surging waves of chuckles that threatened to split my diaphragm in two. All the mad pointlessness of existence will hit you like a big iron safe falling from a great height".

Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers:

"Excellent. Riveting. Without equal. There is no better book for understanding how rare, precious, and deeply misunderstood I am".​

"We're really missing you / and you've only just gone"
Welcome back Worm! :D
p.s ~ quite like that painting by Ms. Newton.
p.p.s ~ Ace find Danny_!

Last edited:
I hope that eventually there's a book of annotated lyrics, maybe with some photos or drawings or something. I hope the diaries are never published, just because. Maybe fake ones. We could write them for him here, couldn't we?

F & F leaked some of Morrissey's rejected promotional blurbs. I don't know, they don't sound so good to me. Maybe we're better off without the deal.

Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code:

"The first time you pick it up, it's like being plugged into a giant wind-powered turbine that zaps you right in your spine with a chilling and all-too-believable conspiracy theory. And the second time? There was no second time, idiot. I never put it down".

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series:

"Brilliant and frightening all in one go. Meyer is a weighty female voice. A ringing endorsement for not drinking blood, not eating meat, not having sex, not having children, and for God's sake not living in the Pacific Northwest".

J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series:

"Time-consuming as these books might be to finish, in the long run you're better off because the overwhelming aroma of Rowling's viscous prose style will cure you forever of the desire to read literature".

Eric Clapton's Clapton:

"I cannot recommend this book enough. A fascinating and disturbing glance into the cavernous mind of an 'axeman'. Nobody will ever listen to the musings of legendary guitar players quite the same way again, I assure you".

Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper:

"Astonishing. Deeply affecting. The English language has been waiting for an argument for self-destruction on multiple levels-- I defy readers to finish this book without thinking of suicide ten or eleven times. Your beach bag won't be complete without it".

Lauren Conrad, L.A. Candy:

"Interested in clearing a room? I could not stop laughing from page one. The laughs came in torrents, great massive surging waves of chuckles that threatened to split my diaphragm in two. All the mad pointlessness of existence will hit you like a big iron safe falling from a great height".

Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers:

"Excellent. Riveting. Without equal. There is no better book for understanding how rare, precious, and deeply misunderstood I am".​

You are good. Very good.:guitar:

Peter

It's always interesting to me that so few interviewers ask specific questions about Morrissey's lyrics (even when they quote them). There was one ROTT interview where an interviewer pushed a little further about Dear God...and it proved interesting. Maybe they're usually too scared?

Might be an interesting thread. "If Morrissey would answer your questions about his lyrics, what would you ask?"

Back
Top Bottom