Morrissey's 'Greatest Hits' CD £3 in Fopp, Manchester

Jukebox Jury

Retired
I was in the above shop yesterday and the above CD (plus a load more Morrissey albums - ROTT, Beethoven Is Deaf, World Of Morrissey etc) were £3 each.
It wasn't the double CD with the 'Hollywood Bowl' live tracks, just the single CD.

Jukebox Jury

If you're ever in town & you fancy buying some music, any music, perhaps just randomly picking up something diffferent, FOPP is the place to go.

If you're ever in town & you fancy buying some music, any music, perhaps just randomly picking up something diffferent, FOPP is the place to go.

I have a love / hate relationship with Fopp.
I love going there.........
but hate it because I spend so much each time I go there!:D Books, CD's, DVD...... marvellous bargains:rock:

Jukebox Jury

It's one of my National Lottery shops.
By which I mean if I ever win the lottery I'll go in & say, 'I'll have one of... everything please!'

Considering my record with scratching cd's, a place that has cheap moz albums is very useful indeed.

I was in the above shop yesterday and the above CD (plus a load more Morrissey albums - ROTT, Beethoven Is Deaf, World Of Morrissey etc) were £3 each.
It wasn't the double CD with the 'Hollywood Bowl' live tracks, just the single CD.

Jukebox Jury

Did you see my wife in there? She saw that it was £3 as well.

I hate the glass floor. I'm not good with things like that.

Did you see my wife in there? She saw that it was £3 as well.

I was there around 3.15pm
Did the walking tour in the city centre at 1pm and desperatly wanted to finish at 3pm to find a pub with the City game on.....
On the tour, there was a really nice Slovenian couple, well into Joy Division / The Smiths..... they were asking about good record shops...... I said I'd take them to Fopp.... so sacrificed the first 20 minutes of the game to take them there.

Jukebox Jury

The Glasgow store also has 'GH' for £3 and the deluxe one with the live CD for £5.

I picked up a copy for the car plus the New York Dolls (the one with 'Subway Train' on it - that was also £3)

it's been said before but the selection of songs for GH was just dire. here's a list of all the singles available at the time with the chosen ones in bold. talk about a missed opportunity...

Best Morrissey-single ('Greatest Hits' in bold):

1) Everyday Is Like Sunday 9,57
2) Suedehead 9,55

3) Now My Heart Is Full (US Only) 9,55
4) The Last Of The Famous International Playboys 9,46
5) November Spawned A Monster 9,08
6) The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get 8,99
7) Irish Blood, English Heart 8,97
8) First Of The Gang To Die 8,96

9) Tomorrow (US only) 8,87
10) Piccadilly Palare 8,83
11) Let Me Kiss You 8,54
12) I Have Forgiven Jesus 8,47

13) Hold On To Your Friends 8,42
14) Sunny 8,41
15) My Love Life 8,39
16) Interesting Drug 8,34
17) We Hate It When Our Friends Become Succesful 8,22
18) Boxers 8,20
19) You Have Killed Me 8,14
20) Sing Your Life 8,01
21) The Boy Racer 7,97
22) Alma Matters 7,95
23) Satan Rejected My Soul 7,86
24) Certain People I Know 7,85
25) Ouija Board, Ouija Board 7,75
26) Our Frank 7,74
27) In The Future When All’s Well 7,66
28) You’re The One For Me Fatty 7,38
29) That’s How People Grow Up 7,37
30) Pregnant For The Last Time 7,35
31) The Youngest Was The Most Loved 7,30
32) Interlude 7,26
33) I Just Want To See The Boy Happy 7,17
34) Redondo Beach 6,93
35) Roy’s Keen 6,85
36) Dagenham Dave 6,81

Most Morrissey solo CDs £3, The Smiths £5.
Magazine's "Secondhand Daylight" £3 (which I thought was a bit criminal).
Rough Trade book £3 (which is £16.99 @ Amazon).
CDs are cheap as chips these days. Especially in FOPP.

2 weeks ago HMV in Inverness had all Morrissey c.ds except YOR for 3 pounds. I was saddened and delighted at the same time.

Bought Beethoven Was Deaf and left it round me ma's house. Now she's going to complain about postage to Canada. :lbf:

Fopp is the best and big thanks to JJ for showing me it's location.

I got the NY Dolls book by Bob Gruen, a second copy of Live in Dallas for 3 pounds :thumb:, SISMS, a Meat Is Murder for 5, Johnny Marr book for 5 ("The Smiths and the Art of Gun-Slinging") and many other goodies. Just rounding the bend to that store gets me all excited!

Last edited:
I thought Alma Matters Tomorrow, Piccadilly Palare should have been on his Greatest Hits...God they even missed Interesting Drug!!!
Was Redondo Beach and All You Need Is Me the greatest of tracks?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Alma Matters Tomorrow, Piccadilly Palare should have been on his Greatest Hits...God they even missed Interesting Drug!!!
Was Redondo Beach and All You Need Is Me the greatest of tracks?

No.
But - and I can't believe there is still any confusion over this over a year later - it wasn't called GREATEST SONGS.
It was called GREATEST HITS.
As in the songs that were released as singles and received the highest chart positions.
Even if he had put out a collection called GREATEST SONGS I'm sure everyone would piss and moan about the selection.

GREATEST HITS really is the most self-explanatory album title. If you buy it and then complain then you must be a moron of the highest order.

:head-smack:

Yeah have to agree about Fopp, best music shop around. Actually going to Manchester on Saturday so will be spending a few pennies in there

Buy the cd at FOPP here and you also get a private gig in your living room with M,Julia banging on the door,as well as an evening's dinner with him and Russell at a top lap dancing bar.

And the cost?
M pays YOU !
They've got loads of this offer for 2010.
Beat that bargain !

Back
Top Bottom