Morrissey's greatest lyrics?

Shame

Of course this will have been done before, countless times, but which song(s) do you feel to be the lyrical masterpiece(s)?

For me, it's People Are The Same Everywhere.

Well, that or Maladjusted.

Also, I'm keen to know which songs were penned by other people (but not keen enough to use Google and find out myself), so information about that would be happily appreciated.

Of course this will have been done before, countless times, but which song(s) do you feel to be the lyrical masterpiece(s)?

For me, it's People Are The Same Everywhere.

Well, that or Maladjusted.

Also, I'm keen to know which songs were penned by other people (but not keen enough to use Google and find out myself), so information about that would be happily appreciated.

You can't be serious? :lbf:

I was being flippant; I have only properly listened to People Are The Same Everywhere twice, the second time being only due to the fact that I was in a room with Morrissey (and hundreds of other fans) whilst he sang it.

Like I say, my actual favourite lyrics belong to the song Maladjusted, but certainly not to the rest of the album.

I was being flippant

Thank God for that, haha. For my money, it's got to be "Now My Heart is Full", "Trouble Loves Me" and "Late Night, Maudlin Street". I can't narrow it down any more than that :p

Back
Top Bottom