Mozarmy: "All About Andy" event lineup revealed (April 7, 2024)

FB_IMG_1712509556636.jpg
FB_IMG_1712509559111.jpg
FB_IMG_1712509561402.jpg
FB_IMG_1712509563421.jpg
FB_IMG_1712509565758.jpg
FB_IMG_1712509567834.jpg
FB_IMG_1712509570104.jpg
FB_IMG_1712509572157.jpg

ALL ABOUT ANDY OFFICIAL LINE UP ANNOUNCEMENT
Official line up for #AllAboutAndy Andy Rourke on 17/18 May 2024 The Star and Garter will include the specially curated "ROURKE" band: ANDREW PARESI (drums for Morrissey), EZRA MARTIN (bass) JUSTIN PARSONS (guitar) & JOHN KAPP (guitar) featuring on FRIDAY: STEPHEN HOLT (Inspiral Carpets), JOHN ROBB (The Membranes,) KEELEY MOSS (Keeley) and JENNY DRAG (The Priscillas). "ROURKE" will play a varied catalogue of Andy Rourke from The Smiths to Morrissey to Sinead O'Connor, Kirsty MacColl and Sandie Shaw. A full flavour of straight up Smiths classics will be performed by The SMITHS UTD who will be joined by SIMON WOLSTENCROFT (drums, The Fall) for a few numbers in their set. Andy's brothers, CHRIS and PHIL ROURKE will join Julie for an in-conversation between the two band sets. Topping of Friday is DJ RUSTY SPANNER spinning until 3am. SATURDAY: "ROURKE" featuring BADLY DRAWN BOY, KEELEY MOSS and JENNY DRAG plus another Smiths set by THE SMITHS UTD. The Saturday in-conversation with Julie will be MIKE JOYCE (The Smiths), again between the bands. Raffle tickets will be available to buy with a number of signed goodies from our various guests up for grabs and some cracking tshirts from our good friend Marc (shop.thesmiths.cat) owner of 'The Smiths In Posts'. PLUS (if we can pull this off... a star prize cardboard cut out of THE FOUR SMITHS). Raffle drawn at midnight on Saturday by... a special guest! Taking us out tonight will be DJs LOUD AND CLEAR, Manchester's finest duo. The weekend is bulging with legends who will pay a fitting tribute to the bass player that shaped the music of our lives. We are thrilled to welcome them, and more excitedly you, to The Star and Garter.
Andy Martin and Ian Strawboss, our dear friends and stars of the Garter, will be remembered with love. This will be Julie Hamill's final year hosting this global-local party.
Tickets here:
in aid of The Christie Charity.
Doors 8pm. Don't be late.
Photo of Andy taken outside the BBC by Jo Cooper 🥰

SATURDAY BUS TOUR
The Manchester Music Tour bus tickets are available for Saturday afternoon, midday, departing at The Star and Garter. Be there 11.45am to take a double decker bus around Manchester visiting Salford Lads Club, Southern Cemetery, The Iron Bridge, 384 Kings Road, Strangeways and many other iconic Smiths-influenced locations. Tickets here: https://aloud.seetickets.com/event/mozarmy-2024-it-s-all-about-andy/star-and-garter/2965521

(Event information reposted from FB as non-sharable, FWD).

Related item:

Anyone know John Robb? Is he amusing in person? That picture :lbf:
I have, seemed a really nice guy, he has an online magazine and fronts a band called the Membranes
I have seen videos of him doing a few interviews, seems very likable.

I have seen videos of him doing a few interviews, seems very likable.
I've watched quite a few of his interviews on his YouTube channel and he doesn't seem at all as scary as that picture might suggest. However, he made his views on Morrissey pretty clear in this one (from 31:45):-

I'm sorry but there are at least two people attending whom I cannot bear to listen to (not Mike Joyce but I'm sure some of you will be able to guess who I mean).
I find this all a bit suspect, in all honesty.
Andy was all but ignored by all and sundry and left to fend for himself since the court case and I include Marr in that. I absolutely support anything to celebrate his life but this doesn't feel right. I genuinely hope that I am wrong.

I'm sorry but there are at least two people attending whom I cannot bear to listen to (not Mike Joyce but I'm sure some of you will be able to guess who I mean).
I find this all a bit suspect, in all honesty.
Andy was all but ignored by all and sundry and left to fend for himself since the court case and I include Marr in that. I absolutely support anything to celebrate his life but this doesn't feel right. I genuinely hope that I am wrong.

What do you mean by Andy was "left to fend for himself"? He was an adult with considerable skill in playing bass. You make him sound like a helpless child.

What a lovely event in memory of and out of love for Andy. Well done to the organisers and the participants.

Screenshot_20240422-141530.png

View attachment 103608
this was obviously written by julie hamill with the provvie cheques reference at the end,provident cheques gave you a loan and the woman comes and collects your weekly payment,it lasted 141 years and was a lifeline for school uniforms and christmas present,long live the provident.

The event looks like a very lovely gesture for Andy.

He's a lovely man. Very well known in the Manchester music scene, especially in the punk, psychobilly and rockabilly scenes. Met him a few times, and he often gets about Manchester on his bike, which he manages to ride in brothel creepers.

What a lovely event in memory of and out of love for Andy. Well done to the organisers and the participants.
I agree, would have liked to attend to learn more about Andy from the ones who knew him best. I'm sure it will be a very special event. Will be joining in spirit! And hope to see videos/ reports here.

Back
Top Bottom