new UK jewel cases

motorways

so, apparently the UK single cd versions of 'greatest hits,' 'yor' and 'the sound of the smiths' have come out in this new jewel case. (rounded corners). does anyone know where i might be able to pick these up rather cheaply, used perhaps? most of the sites i've been checking won't show the actual cases.

thanks.

i guess they're called super jewel cases

View attachment 7451
View attachment 7449
View attachment 7450

Since they're standard I'd expect if you just pick up the British import from Amazon or the like you'd get them. But you might have to wait a bit for cheaper used prices since they're new CDs and all.

I was really weirded out when I first got some CDs in that format. (some Girls Aloud stuff) But it seems to be spreading through Europe at least because a Swedish artist I like, Veronica Maggio, put out her album in the same format last year.

I like the ease of opening the case but getting the booklet out is ridiculous. And one of the hinges is off the track on my GA "Tangled Up". It seems like it was more of a manufacturing issue, but I can't even take it apart to try to fit it back in. I basically can't take the case apart at all without causing irreparable damage to it, which really annoys me. What if the case was cracked, or if there was a nice picture in the CD tray?

So I pretty much a semi-like/hate relation ship with those cases.

Since they're standard I'd expect if you just pick up the British import from Amazon or the like you'd get them. But you might have to wait a bit for cheaper used prices since they're new CDs and all.

I was really weirded out when I first got some CDs in that format. (some Girls Aloud stuff) But it seems to be spreading through Europe at least because a Swedish artist I like, Veronica Maggio, put out her album in the same format last year.

I like the ease of opening the case but getting the booklet out is ridiculous. And one of the hinges is off the track on my GA "Tangled Up". It seems like it was more of a manufacturing issue, but I can't even take it apart to try to fit it back in. I basically can't take the case apart at all without causing irreparable damage to it, which really annoys me. What if the case was cracked, or if there was a nice picture in the CD tray?

So I pretty much a semi-like/hate relation ship with those cases.

What on earth are you doing listening to GA!!!!

if anyone's interested in a trade please PM me.

i can line up:
USED - US single CD versions "greatest Hits", "Years of Refusal", and "The Sound of The Smiths"
for:
USED - UK single CD versions of the same (with the new super jewel case).

are these jewel cases the onew with rounded edges and holes in the left back corners? Is that all that this is about or is there more to it than that?

I'm not a fan of these new cases for one reason...they don't seem to come shrink wrapped yet...as a result they are usually scratched at the point of purchase.

I like my CDs to look new when I buy them. Fussy maybe...but don't think I am alone here...or am I?

I'm not a fan of these new cases for one reason...they don't seem to come shrink wrapped yet...as a result they are usually scratched at the point of purchase.

I like my CDs to look new when I buy them. Fussy maybe...but don't think I am alone here...or am I?

No, you're not alone, it also means that HMV security stikers rip the little "NEW ABLUM INCLUDING THE SINGLES..." stikers on the front; as it has on my copy of YOR :mad:

In Germany, YOR was shrink wrapped. But the case was scratched anyway, which almost made me bring it back to the shop where I bought it. But try to explain there that you want to return a CD because the case is scratched! They would have probably thought I was nuts.

I think the new ones are quite "good looking" but , compared to the so called old one, they are far more delicate. I got a copy of YOR through the post and it looked as if someone had put his feet on it....the packaging was not great but....
Cheers Moz

Back
Top Bottom