NME & Spin run the album cover/ HMV story

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
NME post Linder's dead link and J.Maker's HMV assertion:

Morrissey’s childhood friend James Maker also posted a status about the album cover on Facebook, claiming that HMV are refusing to stock the album in the UK because “the cover art is offensive.”

http://www.nme.com/news/music/morrisseys-new-album-cover-2136161

Spin do similar and rehash old HMV info too - they also reference this site, my/our info and misspell Morrissey.

"According to fan site Morrissy-Solo.com, the kid photographed is Max Lopez, the son of Morrissey’s touring bassist Mando Lopez, who was allegedly present during the album’s recording in Italy.

The fan site also notes that HMV, the same UK music franchise that Morrissey has perviously accused trying to “freeze sales”of the Smiths’ The Queen Is Deadreissue, refuses to stock the album in the UK “on the grounds that the sleeve art is ‘offensive.'” Though the art here seems pretty far from objectionable enough to warrant that response, it wouldn’t be the first time Moz’s antics have gotten him into trouble with the music media establishment."

https://www.spin.com/2017/09/morrissey-low-in-high-school-album-art-leak/

Although nothing new, running with the HMV story will probably raise a few eyebrows.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
You love yourself a lot, don't you?

Delete this unnecessary story that is already on the forum.

NME post Linder's dead link and J.Maker's HMV assertion.

Morrissey’s childhood friend James Maker also posted a status about the album cover on Facebook, claiming that HMV are refusing to stock the album in the UK because “the cover art is offensive.”

http://www.nme.com/news/music/morrisseys-new-album-cover-2136161

Although nothing new, running with the HMV story will probably raise a few eyebrows.
Regards,
FWD.

You can say a lot about the Moz but he sure still knows how to get the whole publicity game starting.
As if he instinctively pushes on some buttons whenever he wants and the whole circus begins.

You love yourself a lot, don't you?

Delete this unnecessary story that is already on the forum.
Neither of the above links feature here already.
The main thread is convoluted with garbage comments - quite a few are yours.
The press running this story isn't the same thing as Linder's first post.
Kindly stick to your basic maths and go shoot another messenger, 'cause I couldn't care a jot about what YOU assess as unnecessary.
FWD.

Neither of the above links feature here already.
The main thread is convoluted with garbage comments - quite a few are yours.
The press running this story isn't the same thing as Linder's first post.
Kindly stick to your basic maths and go shoot another messenger, 'cause I couldn't care a jot about what YOU assess as unnecessary.
FWD.

I hope the mods agree and puts it in the bin where it belongs. This story was even worse than your activitiy in the book of condolence thread.

I bet you start the day watching the death ads and if you're not in one of them you put the kettle on.

I hope the mods agree and puts it in the bin where it belongs. This story was even worse than your activitiy in the book of condolence thread.

I bet you start the day watching the death ads and if you're not in one of them you put the kettle on.
Cretinous troll.
Posting people who've died in a book of condolence - who'd of thought!? Shocking isn't it. My 'behaviour' in that is exactly what should be going on. Only a warped mind would view it differently.
I will post what I like and you will dribble on how you want - terrible ain't it? Yet oddly, all that self-love inspired posting by myself always provides you with a platform to waffle on about drivel - as you almost always HAVE to comment.
So, you're welcome.
Bore off.
Resist the urge to reply - bet you can't...
Zzzzz over and over.
A very bored FWD.

Cretinous troll.
Posting people who've died in a book of condolence - who'd of thought!? Shocking isn't it. My 'behaviour' in that is exactly what should be going on. Only a warped mind would view it differently.
I will post what I like and you will dribble on how you want - terrible ain't it? Yet oddly, all that self-love inspired posting by myself always provides you with a platform to waffle on about divel - as you almost always HAVE to comment.
So, you're welcome.
Bore off.
Resist the urge to reply - bet you can't...
Zzzzz over and over.
A very bored FWD.

Easy-hed-796x398.jpg

You can say a lot about the Moz but he sure still knows how to get the whole publicity game starting.
As if he instinctively pushes on some buttons whenever he wants and the whole circus begins.

For the billionth time, Morrissey is a troll. He did something "controversial" and then used James Maker, who is apparently his press agent, to draw attention to it. You're right that it's notable that people are still falling for it but this is who he is. To the media it doesn't even matter what the new record will sound like because his fame has nothing to do with his music. It's all about some offensive thing he has said or done.

For the billionth time, Morrissey is a troll. He did something "controversial" and then used James Maker, who is apparently his press agent, to draw attention to it. You're right that it's notable that people are still falling for it but this is who he is. To the media it doesn't even matter what the new record will sound like because his fame has nothing to do with his music. It's all about some offensive thing he has said or done.

I don't care.
His last album was sublime.
I'm in it for the music.
It's all about the music, the records, the lyrics.
The rest is secondary. Later I found out he said something to that extent, amongst many other things.
In hindsight you can see many trolls, even before the interwebs.
We are all trolling nowadays, and God we're having fun.

I thought his trolling press agent friend James Maker, was the ONLY one to have given an interesting, honest but very dignified insight to Moz as a young man, aspiring artist and it was also touching, funny, witty and heartbreaking. But you see, apart from being friends James Maker was and is an artist himself.
And I don't know why his friend can't support him in any way he likes.

I don't know if you realize but he has friends, you know?

Nothing shocking or weird.
Some other people do have them.
Even artists you don't appreciate.
Not saying you don't.

Oh gawd, Moz says something controversial. Is that something new?
If I scan through all the Smiths years, I think in fact he said more controversial things then in his solo years.

I understand that you don't care. That's why you'll write that you like the album cover because it is "shitty."

okay

No, nothing is new.

But inittialy I didn't like it.
I said it was his worst ever and the WPINOYB cover almost started to shine like a great piece of art in comparison.
I still don't really "like" it for aesthetical resaons, but let's say for now it is his funniest cover ever. So far.
I don't know why it took me so long to grow on me in comical sense.
I am slow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom