question about concerts

annabel lee

has anyone ever been to a morrissey concert where there was no pit section? someone told me the pit tickets aren't released unless the show sells out, and the show i'm going to (assigned seats, not GA) doesn't look like it's going to sell out. so no pit section, i guess? :confused:

what is pit? is that GA standing? for example, the borgata show... is it pit when the front section only is GA?

I have been to a Morrissey show where there was no pit. Paramount in 92. wonderful show... not as rowdy as ussual...

I have never heard of this "pit tickets released if the show sells out" thing.

what on earth? never heard of it!

This question really is venue specific.

The PIT is usually an orchestra pit that might be used if a play was on stage. It is between the stage and the audience.

Some venues never sell seats there. Some do.
Pasadena had a pit. It was very confusing because it was listed on ticketmaster as "CENTER".

Places like MSG don't have a pit.
Standing room only places generally do not have a pit although the Olympia in Dublin has a weird area about 10 feet deep in front of the stage and then a barricade of sorts and then more standing room only.

Generally, pits will be found at older theatre type venues.

^^what she said..

often the orchestra pit realy is a pit so the musicians don't get in the way. for a music show, they would place a floor to cover the pit so people can stand close to the stage.

i guess theaters that don't have a real pit, but considerable space between front row and the stage may also put in a few rows up front and call it 'pit' seats.

whether or not the show sells-out or not has NOTHING to do with whether or not there is a pit. it's all predetermined. usually by the venue.

i know the ann arbor show doesn't have a pit..and it sold out...apparently :rolleyes: .

GA standing is not a pit. a pit is for seated venues...usually theaters...like bored said.

All I know is there was a pit section when I went to a concert of his last tour, it wasn't sold out. The concert was assigned seating but when Morrissey came on the stage the whole thing turned into a race to see who could get to the front, I had row 13 and ended up in row 3! So don't worry about the assigned seating, it never sticks.

thanks everyone for the info, i contacted ticketswest.com, who is selling the tickets, and they were the ones who told me they wouldn't release pit tickets unless the seats sold out, they said it was up to the promoter when and if certian tickets were released. someone asked if a pit is like GA standing and yeah it is, its like a little section of GA standing area by the stage in front of the assigned seats. what i am wondering mostly is if there is any hope of making it to the front, i just can't imagine morrissey not having people near the stage but i have only been in person to one concert so i don't know from experience. anyway hope that is sorta coherent, i'm feeling a little desperate about the whole no chance of being near the stage thing.

All I know is there was a pit section when I went to a concert of his last tour, it wasn't sold out. The concert was assigned seating but when Morrissey came on the stage the whole thing turned into a race to see who could get to the front, I had row 13 and ended up in row 3! So don't worry about the assigned seating, it never sticks.

thank you thank you! that's good to hear, i hope that will be the case :D

Back
Top Bottom