Question to ask a Latino Morrissey fan?

jazzie

Hi, my name is Jessie, I'm a Morrissey fan and I have an assignment in my Spanish class as part of my final to come up with a minimum of 10 interview questions to ask a spanish speaking person, so I decided to do something about latino morrissey fans :)

can anyone here help me compile a list of atleat 10 relevant questions to ask (in spanish or english is fine) a latino morrissey fan?

if anyone has any ideas, post them! ;)

Re: Questions to ask a Latino Morrissey fan?

1. When did you start listening to The Smiths/Morrissey?

2. How many of your friends/family members listen to S/M? Did they influence your taste?

3. How many concerts have you been to? Favorite show?

4. Has Morrissey inspired you to become a vegetarian? If so, why? If not, why not?

5. Has Morrissey inspired you to read any authors that he has mentioned in songs or interviews?

6. Who do you think has been Morrissey's best musical collaborator?

7. Was there a time in your life where one of Morrissey's songs really was a "Song That Saved Your Life"? Which one, and why?

8. Do you have any strong opinions about Morrissey's sexuality? Does it matter or should it be ignored?

9. Do you find the cultural divide between America and England to be a problem or can you relate to Morrissey's very English lyrics?

10. Have you met Morrissey? Would you go out of your way to meet him? What would you like to say to him if you met him?

2. How many of your friends/family members listen to S/M? Did they influence your taste?

4. Has Morrissey inspired you to become a vegetarian? If so, why? If not, why not?

5. Has Morrissey inspired you to read any authors that he has mentioned in songs or interviews?

7. Was there a time in your life where one of Morrissey's songs really was a "Song That Saved Your Life"? Which one, and why?

8. Do you have any strong opinions about Morrissey's sexuality? Does it matter or should it be ignored?

9. Do you find the cultural divide between America and England to be a problem or can you relate to Morrissey's very English lyrics?

10. Have you met Morrissey? Would you go out of your way to meet him? What would you like to say to him if you met him?

These are great, very general moz/smiths fan type qustions to ask, but are extremely helpful to me. Thank you very much! :D

How about.......Why are you guys so aggressive at Morrissey concerts sometimes???....... EOH almost got smashed to death once by a group of them fighting over a shirt.

EOH is Latino btw (and equally agressive) :D

How about.......Why are you guys so aggressive at Morrissey concerts sometimes???....... EOH almost got smashed to death once by a group of them fighting over a shirt.

I'll bet it looked a little like this, no?

ripshirt.jpg

Too bad half the photo is missing or I could have a laugh at my favorite member of that crowd-- the poor girl who is completely engulfed in the crashing wave of boys. I mean, I hope she wasn't hurt...but my word she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. There's another person who's hidden completely, just a hand sticking out. Incredible photo, still one of my favorite Smiths images.

Last edited:

^^^

Yes. like that, but add weight and hieght to the people... Basically, imagine them as big fat latinos crushing a 150lb boy on the floor.......
EOH scaped with a huge chunk tho. the biggest one of the group :guitar:

For some reason us Latinos are way more agressive at these things. :confused:

It wasn't the shirt, it was because you were dressed like this

emo-kids-oh-god-why.jpg

1. Enchiladas or chalupas?
2. Salsa or guacamole?
3. Ginger or Mari Ann?
4. Cheech or Chong?
5. Bloods or crips?
6. Salma Hayek or Penelope Cruz?
7. Sharpie or eyeliner?
8. El payaso con la coca?
9. Kumo or Kewpie?
10. Sabado Gigante or Viva Hollywood?

Do any radios in your country play Morrissey?
(My answer's NO)
Do you think he really likes you?
(...)

That reminds me of the Stockton show last year where allegedly a huge guy got onstage and ripped a necklace off Moz's neck! At the Malajusted show, some guy threw up on the back of my new sweater. :mad: I didn't find out until I got home and saw vom on the back of it. But it came out, so no real harm done.

That reminds me of the Stockton show last year where allegedly a huge guy got onstage and ripped a necklace off Moz's neck! At the Malajusted show, some guy threw up on the back of my new sweater. :mad: I didn't find out until I got home and saw vom on the back of it. But it came out, so no real harm done.

Was Morrissey playing "Our Frank" at the time? Such devotion in some fans!

Was Morrissey playing "Our Frank" at the time? Such devotion in some fans!

LMAO! Good one. ( He would've probably hurled on cue if Moz was singing "Our Frank" :o) (hmm, I think I DID catch a glimpse of this guy sticking his finger down his throat.) :o)

Last edited:

hey guys thanks for all your input :) I will definately be using many of these.

NOW...are there any Latinos here willing to answer any, if not all, of the following questions (mostly from Worm) in Spanish so I could use some of your answers? If anyone cares to partake you could PM me your answers in anonymity if you'd like :)

11. Lastly, what can you say about Morrissey and his extensive Latino fanbase? Why is it that so many Latinos can connect with him or find him appealing?

hey guys thanks for all your input :) I will definately be using many of these.

NOW...are there any Latinos here willing to answer any, if not all, of the following questions (mostly from Worm) in Spanish so I could use some of your answers? If anyone cares to partake you could PM me your answers in anonymity if you'd like :)

11. Lastly, what can you say about Morrissey and his extensive Latino fanbase? Why is it that so many Latinos can connect with him or find him appealing?

Jazzie, I remembered something. There's a book by Chuck Klosterman, called, "Chuck Klosterman IV" and he interviewed some Latino fans in a piece called, "1,400 Mexican Moz Fans Can't Be (totally) Wrong" - interesting perspectives.

Quien es mas macho... Johnny o Steven?

Jazzie, I remembered something. There's a book by Chuck Klosterman, called, "Chuck Klosterman IV" and he interviewed some Latino fans in a piece called, "1,400 Mexican Moz Fans Can't Be (totally) Wrong" - interesting perspectives.

yes, i have heard of this, haven't read it though.

Es Andy, solo hay que mirar ese bulto en los pantalones en la foto de Salford :D

:p

I can’t think of any original question, but just found this documentary on youtube where Morrissey latino fans talk about him. Maybe it can be an inspiration.

This is part 1 of 6 in total.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=R3PZHpF8lwM&feature=related

ooh, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom