Morrissey Central "Sensational shows in Dublin, but the music industry world won’t listen" (July 18, 2023)

Sensational shows in Dublin, but the music industry world won’t listen

20230716_182103.jpg

Uncredited image: J.D. Writer/Felton.
Regards,
FWD.

He's a pensioner aged artist, i don't get why he wants to spend his last few productive years banging his head against a brick wall

That might be what "Headache" from WMTWD is about.

He's a strange man, like an ex boyfriend who can't let his former partner go, it gets sad after a certain point. He isn't entitled to anything and he's had a decades long career that others would dream of, but still a decent sized chunk of his fans have stood by him and would probably make a record profitable if he bothered.

He's a pensioner aged artist, i don't get why he wants to spend his last few productive years banging his head against a brick wall, instead of giving his fans what they want and enjoying the twilight years of his career.

Right on! The last part especially - exactly how I feel. Who cares about labels? Keep touring and DIY. He should find some inspiration and get moving! Just like you said, plenty of us will buy the album.

When he became known as an artist, you didn't get into the business easily. For him to now be known for 40 years, that's an incredible feat in itself. He doesn't deserve to have so much of his self worth tied into these labels. He's earned the right to be confident without them.

Last edited:
Whenever I see these young lads in photos from MozzZz’s shows, I can’t help but think of the groomers abusing them. That one father pimping out his kid to get him on stage to hug MozzZz makes me sick to my stomach.

When he plays at TROXY london, can I queue up at the gate and see him? Can't get tickets, but hope that some things are posted up here

When he plays at TROXY london, can I queue up at the gate and see him? Can't get tickets, but hope that some things are posted up here
There must be something else you can do on a Saturday night in London than hang about waiting to get a 3-second glimpse of Morrissey.

There are plenty of face value (and less) tickets on twickets.

In answer to Morrissey's question on the Saturday night show, I think, if anyone had attended the SFX Dublin show 40 years earlier, I presume he meant this one.

Ticket for The Smiths SFX Dublin 1984.jpg

My friend Richard was there and gifted me the ticket a while back, which I've just retrieved. He also saw The Smiths at the Trinity Ball.

In answer to Morrissey's question on the Saturday night show, I think, if anyone had attended the SFX Dublin show 40 years earlier, I presume he meant this one.

View attachment 93940

My friend Richard was there and gifted me the ticket a while back, which I've just retrieved. He also saw The Smiths at the Trinity Ball.

cool (y) and back when James had great songs too! What a bill!

cool (y) and back when James had great songs too! What a bill!
If there was a safe place to donate the ticket, that was interested in these items, and likely to endure, such as the Manchester Music Museum, I'd consider that?

My brother told me that he and his children serendipitously appeared in one of James' music videos in the 90s. They live in Dingle, Kerry, which is a Gaeltacht (Irish-speaking) area, and during the shoot, he overheard Tim Booth indignantly complaining to his PA that nobody knew who he was!

Back
Top Bottom