Strange The Smiths Reference..

ct.

I don't know if anybody else has mentioned this reference already, but I somehow find it rather unlikely.

Yesterday I went to the library, searching for some litterature for a university assignment on globalization.
Whilst going through a book called 'Globalization and Belonging', (Mike Savage a.o., 2004), I fund a chapter with the title; 'The Ambivalence of Urban Identity: Manchester, so much to answer for'.

- certainly not the first place I'd search for Smiths references. Oh well, made me smile for a bit.

WOw! I gotto read that book-- I'm very interested in and against globalization- and smiths-references in it..:) Great!:d

Whilst studying at university I had two academic Smiths moments (well...my friend had one). The first my friend showed me a reference to 'don't plagiarise or take on loan' in a textbook, cited Moz and Marr. And the other I was studying flexible labour markets and one of the sub headings read: 'I was looking for a job and then I found a job, heaven knows I'm miserable now'.

They were the highlights of my degree.

Back
Top Bottom