The Smiths - "Live in England" Album

Marsadjusted

I have found a Live Smiths album on Spotify. I can't seem to play it so I am going to assume it is not available in the UK, a friend in the US also tried to play it but it doesn't work for them either. It was from 2016 so my guess was that it was taken down from Spotify since then, it was found within a Smiths playlist. The track listing is the same as the Brazil bootleg with the same name. Does anyone know anything about it? The Smiths - Live in England

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 8.37.30 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 8.37.30 pm.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi, i'm brazilian and I can listen this on spotify. It's just the show from Derby in 1983 with The Boy With the Thorn in His Side and Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now (idk why this songs are here). Btw, sorry for poor english.

I have found a Live Smiths album on Spotify. I can't seem to play it so I am going to assume it is not available in the UK, a friend in the US also tried to play it but it doesn't work for them either. It was from 2016 so my guess was that it was taken down from Spotify since then, it was found within a Smiths playlist. The track listing is the same as the Brazil bootleg with the same name. Does anyone know anything about it? The Smiths - Live in England
It is BBC Whistle Test concert @ Derby Assembly Rooms - December 6, 1983.
It is available in The Smiths drive archive.
Regards,
FWD.

Add:
I believe it was made by one of these companies who scraped Smiths Torrents and put out the FLACs as boots.
The extra tracks are tacked on to pad it out being a short (broadcast/SB) gig.

It is BBC Whistle Test concert @ Derby Assembly Rooms - December 6, 1983.
It is available in The Smiths drive archive.
Regards,
FWD.

Add:
I believe it was made by one of these companies who scraped Smiths Torrents and put out the FLACs as boots.
The extra tracks are tacked on to pad it out being a short (broadcast/SB) gig.
So you think it was an unofficial release then? It's strange that it was on the smiths official Spotify page.

Hi, i'm brazilian and I can listen this on spotify. It's just the show from Derby in 1983 with The Boy With the Thorn in His Side and Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now (idk why this songs are here). Btw, sorry for poor english.
Thanks for letting me know :)
Are the two tracks that are added on at the end live recordings, perhaps from another date or are they just the studio versions?

So you think it was an unofficial release then? It's strange that it was on the smiths official Spotify page.
It's in the category of dodgy publisher.
They seldom give the correct credits and sources - they say things like 'radio show' to cover the fact it's a bootleg.
Examples of this sold & dispatched by Amazon - junk like this:
The source is very likely in the Google Drive Archive (as too: the DVD vob file).
Regards,
FWD.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's in the category of dodgy publisher.
They seldom give the correct credits and sources - they say things like 'radio show' to cover the fact it's a bootleg.
Examples of this sold & dispatched by Amazon - junk like this:
The source is very likely in the Google Drive Archive (as too: the DVD vob file).
Regards,
FWD.
Unfortunately I own that "junk" on CD, payed way too much for it. Rookie mistake.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Unfortunately I own that "junk" on CD, payed way too much for it. Rookie mistake.
It's annoying as the sources they are using have been shared for years. Not seen one live vinyl or CD product that is a genuine authorised product that brings any form of new take or recording.
Regards,
FWD.

I can listen to it too in Chile.

Wonder if these kinds of things (and stuff like the CD FWD liked to) pay royalties to the artists, I imagine they do?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom