"The Smiths producer Stephen Street says he does not believe band will ever reform" - NME.com

morrissey is a fat old has-been. Leave him to his twilight crooning days with tom jones and cliff richard, and being sucked on by parasitic 'yes-men' who only care about his money. A renewal of the partnership with marr would mean morrissey working with someone who might dare to say 'no', and have his own opinions. That could never be allowed against the easy life of morrissey getting his own way 100% of the time.

amen

the truth

It would also mean working with someone who, at 50 years old, dyes his hair jet black and whose 'own opinions' dictate that lyrics like 'Ooh, I feel it comin' round / I hear it, sounds like the good life / I know' are single-worthy.

It's just a way-out whacky theory, but I have an idea if they ever did reform, Moz would look after the lyrics, and Marr would deal with the music. I know it's a controversial opinion, but f*** it.

On the other hand, they could offer each other valuable fashion tips. Moz could suggest that maybe Johnny could lay off the hair dye and go grey naturally, whilst Johnny might suggest Moz lay off the gaudy 70's style big collar/ruffled shirts that make him look like a Las Vegas pimp, and that baggy grey sweatpants large enough to could comfortably fit three people inside really don't do him any favours. He might also tell him to f*** off when Moz says he'll only play live if Johnny and the session drummer replacing Mike Joyce have to wear matching 'WE HATES BECKHAM MORE THAN CANCER' T-shirts whilst Andy Rourke dresses in drag.

Yeah, let's face it. That reunion wouldn't go well, would it?

It's just a way-out whacky theory, but I have an idea if they ever did reform, Moz would look after the lyrics, and Marr would deal with the music. I know it's a controversial opinion, but f*** it.

On the other hand, they could offer each other valuable fashion tips. Moz could suggest that maybe Johnny could lay off the hair dye and go grey naturally, whilst Johnny might suggest Moz lay off the gaudy 70's style big collar/ruffled shirts that make him look like a Las Vegas pimp, and that baggy grey sweatpants large enough to could comfortably fit three people inside really don't do him any favours. He might also tell him to f*** off when Moz says he'll only play live if Johnny and the session drummer replacing Mike Joyce have to wear matching 'WE HATES BECKHAM MORE THAN CANCER' T-shirts whilst Andy Rourke dresses in drag.

Yeah, let's face it. That reunion wouldn't go well, would it?

The f*** are you talking about, that all sounds incredible :p

Back
Top Bottom