Tony Wilson Attacks Moz

Grrrr it's only letting me watch as far as "I hate f***ing Morrissey" :mad:

I want to see this, Tony Wilson gives me jokes
It happens to me too! :( What kind of shitty site is that! :mad: I want to see the rest! Could anyone at least tell us what Wilson says in the rest of the interview? I can probably guess most of it, but for instance I have no idea what he said about Stephen Street.

tony wilson, isn't that the moronic character that already acted rude and stupid when he interviewed the smiths in 1985? wasn't that the guy who said to moz "what gives your the right to critisize manchester schools" blablabla? or am I wrong? well if that's the same person then it looks like he hasn't changed much since the early 80ies.

It happens to me too! :( What kind of shitty site is that! :mad: I want to see the rest! Could anyone at least tell us what Wilson says in the rest of the interview? I can probably guess most of it, but for instance I have no idea what he said about Stephen Street.

I didn't realize some people had problems viewing the video. For those who can't view the video for whatever reason, here's how it went:

Tony Baloney introduces himself as a broadcaster, journalist and academic and apparent friend of famous musicians. He makes the statement, "I hate f***in' Morrissey!" and that his hatred and venom is only matched by the same venom and hatred Morrissey has for him. He states that Morrissey is the only truly nasty human being in music and a truly unpleasant person. He claims Morrissey shits on everyone that ever worked for him.

He goes on to tell some sad tale about some dj he met in Glasgow who claimed to have met Stephen Street. Tony asked the dj how Street was and if he ever mentioned Morrissey. The dj claims that Street did nothing but talked about how wonderful Morrissey until Street had gotten drunk. Tony claims Stephen said that he would never work...and then stops himself from finishing the sentence.

A woman's voice from the background then asks Tony who he thought was the nicest person in music and he replies..."Phil Collins."

Phil Collins! Ha. Now that's what I call depressing music.

Mr Wilson is a tosser who'll do anything for a few quid (think cameos in Manchester Passion, A Cock and Bull Story). And he's only taking over where his good friend Richard Madeley left off on the Moz front.

tony wilson, isn't that the moronic character that already acted rude and stupid when he interviewed the smiths in 1985? wasn't that the guy who said to moz "what gives your the right to critisize manchester schools" blablabla? or am I wrong? well if that's the same person then it looks like he hasn't changed much since the early 80ies.

Yes, I found Wilson very, very annoying in that interview. But I love Morrissey's answer to his stupid question "So, with the attitudes and personliaty you have (blah blah blah), Steven, why do you want to be a pop star?" "Well, it doesn't make your life worse! You should try it some day!" :D I bet Wilson hated him even more after that comment. :cool:

Mozmic dancer, thank you. It's funny that Wilson insists that Morrissey hates him as much as he hates Morrissey, when Morrissey, in fact, doesn't seem to be that concerned about Wilson. The only time he mentioned Wilson recently has, to my knowledge, bbeen in this year's interview in Uncut:

Paul Morley: "What did you make of 24 Hour Party People?"
Moz: "I really enjoyed it, but Tony Wilson was enraged with me because I refused permission for "This Charming Man" to be used. I refused because my compatriot Linder Sterling was badly depicted in the script and she took legal action to have her bits taken out - which they eventually were, but during the time her litigation was underway it would have been wrong for me to be compliant with them in any way."

The only time he said hateful things about Wilson was in 1992 when he was asked about a quote from Wilson - about Morrissey being 'a woman in man's body', which Morrissey obviously took offence to and said he'd rather be a woman in man's body than "a pig in a man's body" and added that "The day someone shoves Wilson's body in a car..." etc. He was asked about it in another interview and said "Actually, I was misquoted on that one. I said he was a man in a pig's body." :D

It has to be said, I don't know if the original quote by Wilson was actually meant in an offensive way - make up your own mind. He was interviewed for 'Severed Alliance' because he knew Morrissey before he was in the Smiths, from his visits to Linder's house in Whalley Range. Wilson compared Morrissey to "the specky kid in the corner of the playground who dpesn't talk but is part of the scene as the rather peculiar individaul". He said Morrissey was the last person who he would expect to become a pop star, and that he almost laughed when 'Steven' told him that was what he wanted to be. instead, he expected Morrissey to become a great writer, "our Dostoyevski". he mentioned a one-act play 'about toast' that he saw once. "He was fair set to be the Jeanette Winterston of the 80s, the finest young novelist...he's a woman in a man's body, she's a man in a woman's body".

Now, I have no idea who Jeanette Winterston is/was, so I don't really understand what he was on about. But I somehow always got the impression that Wilson's compliments to Morrissey were in the vein of how to praise someone and insult them at the same time. And notice that he always insists on calling him Steven (the way he addressed him in that Granada interview, and also the way he refers to him in Jewel In The Crown). It's as if he is saying "You will always be Steven for me - I knew you as the shy nerdy kid, and that's what you will always be for me!" It almost feels as if he can never accept the fact that Morrissey has become a big pop star, popular and adored, because in his mind, it's not supposed to happen to someone like Morrissey. Wilson must think of himself as someone very smart and literate, but pop stars aren't supposed to be like that! They should be like Shawn Ryder, probably. :eek: Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just the impression I got.

Phil Collins! Ha. Now that's what I call depressing music.

Mr Wilson is a tosser who'll do anything for a few quid (think cameos in Manchester Passion, A Cock and Bull Story). And he's only taking over where his good friend Richard Madeley left off on the Moz front.
Who's Richard Madeley?

Who's Richard Madeley?

Part of the "popular" UK daytime TV couple Richard & Judy. He's a jumped up twat who doesn't know his arse from his elbow. He attacked Morrissey's views on vivisection in his tabloid newspaper column earlier this year, saying something like he'll listen to Moz's new album if Moz lies on a train track and then they'll see who ends up dead first (insinuating he'll slit his own wrists or something).

Moz came back in one of his statements on true-to-you saying something like: "That's rich coming from someone who actually married his own mother".

richardjudyPA090606_228x323.jpg

Oh, forgot to mention that Judy's breast once fell out at a live awards show, with gruesome consequences.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom