Who is going to buy The Queen is Dead download?

I am in Australia so may be a little redundant....

Very sorry to hear that, and I can understand why it might make it difficult for you to fork out for the download. Hope the Aussie economy improves soon.

For me, a bit difficult to understand why any grownup would pay for something they already own just because a popstar told them to. If he was offering it in a different sleeve, that would at least be something.

For me, when he humbly and politely asked via TTY to download TQID in UK, only during the last week of May, he was asking for support for the message he attributes to the song.
It's very little to ask (99 cents) coming from an artist who dared to express consistently during three decades a set of ideas contrary to several groups of power. He denounced the monarchy, the abuse of animals, the business of war, the music industry, etc. Anyway, it's only a choice. It's something you make freely if you feel it in the depths of your heart. It's not like when you HAVE to pay taxes, for example. As I see it, it's a good gesture, like when you invite a friend for coffee.

For me, when he humbly and politely asked via TTY to download TQID in UK, only during the last week of May, he was asking for support for the message he attributes to the song.
It's very little to ask (99 cents) coming from an artist who dared to express consistently during three decades a set of ideas contrary to several groups of power. He denounced the monarchy, the abuse of animals, the business of war, the music industry, etc. Anyway, it's only a choice. It's something you make freely if you feel it in the depths of your heart. It's not like when you HAVE to pay taxes, for example. As I see it, it's a good gesture, like when you invite a friend for coffee.

I agree. Morrissey asked nicely and it's not a lot to ask from someone who has consistently tried to make the world a better place by exposing the "carnivores and destructors" in our midst.

Agree though for me it's more an issue of if I remember

I tried to buy on Amazon UK but they won't accept my US credit card and don't offer a paypal option. HMV doesn't offer it as an individual track.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom