Your favourite Morrissey moment

Oakland Paramount 12/2/09 - my first front row experience at a Moz show despite having been a fan since 1986. It was unbelievable.

Hearing TQID for the first time in 1986. I was lost (or was it found?) from that point on.

Moz talking about his cat in the LA Weekly interview in 2007. I'm a vet, so I have worked with clients through that process lots of times, and hearing his story made him seem so human and so close, and the way he cared for his cat - he is a GOOD client. I fell in love with him all over again.

Moz telling us that he loves us in Ventura.

Standing in line for my first Morrissey tickets in 1991. And a tradition was born.

Those are good, too.

Did you read Germaine Greer's article about how slang terms for female genitalia always employ passive, receptive imagery? It seems like something you'd enjoy.

I haven't, would be interested though. I kind of think of myself not as a feminist, but something in between, like a masculinist: embracing the femininity within the realm of masculinity. If that makes sense. Big on Metrosexual, allowing men the freedom to be feminine without persecution.

Having Morrissey flash me the "OK" sign when he came onstage in Dallas in May 2007 (I was wearing my anti-Bush "Worst President Ever" t-shirt).

Having Morrissey accept the card I handed him when he first came onstage in Dallas in April 2009.

Enjoying his music every day of my life, really. He is a blessing.

Oakland Paramount 12/2/09 - my first front row experience at a Moz show despite having been a fan since 1986. It was unbelievable.

Hearing TQID for the first time in 1986. I was lost (or was it found?) from that point on.

Moz talking about his cat in the LA Weekly interview in 2007. I'm a vet, so I have worked with clients through that process lots of times, and hearing his story made him seem so human and so close, and the way he cared for his cat - he is a GOOD client. I fell in love with him all over again.

Moz telling us that he loves us in Ventura.

Standing in line for my first Morrissey tickets in 1991. And a tradition was born.

wow, I feel a lot of that :thumb:
now, for me, its one moment(ok maybe 2) but 1 is the 2nd show I went to back in 91
my first not in BDUs*(maybe that is why during the riot in Pauley the cops streamed around me, they saw I was Army and left me alone, hooah?)
Where was I?
the 2nd show, Santa Monica, he came out with a bandage on his head
:rofl:
love you Morrissey!(he did win the poll)
and OK, 2 is the first show I saw after "the great betrayal"
How Soon Is Now?
TO START
lots of awesome talk, this show saved my life after my left me, end of story...

Baltimore, 2007:

Morrissey and the lads are playing a tiny club on Halloween. The band takes the stage wearing nothing but loincloths (except for a tipsy-looking Boz, who is also wearing a sombrero). They have words and phrases scrawled all over their bodies and fake bruises - they look like they've been assaulted by a mob of angry scriveners.

Morrissey saunters on wearing an immaculate tuxedo and a barely suppressed grin. Spectacular moment - very kinky, very funny, and totally, totally hot.

Great gig, too.

24th October 1986 front row Brixton Academy seeing The Smiths and being completely blown away by the stage presence of Morrissey, life was never gonna be the same again. You never forget your first time.

1) Chester, 10th December 1997

Morrissey holds my arm and attempts to pull me up on to the stage. Unfortunately three bouncers drag me down and pull me away. That was the closest I ever got to getting on to the stage and believe me I have tried several times!

2) Sunderland, 1st Feb 2008

Morrissey addresses me twice on this night.
First he says 'I am forever blowing bubbles' when he spots me wearing a West Ham Boys Club t-shirt and then he acknowledges my attempt to get on to the stage during I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris with the words 'thank you to the gallant soul who at least made an attempt, and if you don't make an attempt have you really lived?'. Needless to say it made my night. I tried (and failed) 2 more times after that and ended up being thrown out of the venue during Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want by an over-zealous security guard.

1) Chester, 10th December 1997

Morrissey holds my arm and attempts to pull me up on to the stage. Unfortunately three bouncers drag me down and pull me away. That was the closest I ever got to getting on to the stage and believe me I have tried several times!

2) Sunderland, 1st Feb 2008

Morrissey addresses me twice on this night.
First he says 'I am forever blowing bubbles' when he spots me wearing a West Ham Boys Club t-shirt and then he acknowledges my attempt to get on to the stage during I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris with the words 'thank you to the gallant soul who at least made an attempt, and if you don't make an attempt have you really lived?'. Needless to say it made my night. I tried (and failed) 2 more times after that and ended up being thrown out of the venue during Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want by an over-zealous security guard.

I Know It's Gonna Happen, Someday. To you...
even if Moz is wheeled on stage in his bath chair, and you have to use a Stannah stairlift to get up there...it's gonna happen! ;)

I Know It's Gonna Happen, Someday. To you...
even if Moz is wheeled on stage in his bath chair, and you have to use a Stannah stairlift to get up there...it's gonna happen! ;)

Well, thank you Joe.
The trouble is I don't believe it ever will by now. :(
We are all getting older and security in front of the stage has been getting tighter over the years.
I was watching footage of a gig in the early 90's the other day and it was strange to see that the small barrier at the front was only 2 feet away from the stage and there was no much security between the barrier and the stage. Things have certainly changed.
I am also remembering now a Suede gig at the old Leeds Town & Country in the mid 90's where I managed to watch the whole show sat on the edge of the stage (to one side obviously). This seems incredible now, even surreal.

Has the world changed or have I changed?

Was right next to you at Sunderland , the security was bit daft , just as well you didnt jump for the stage there was a orchestra pit :blushing:
Favorite had to be Newcastle 2004 the Mrs got on stage in the middle then I got on stage with Northern Leech shook the hand of Moz , then crash dragged off backstage we were thrown back into gig after the intervention of Morrisseys minders .:guitar:
Also loved the Move show at Trafford Park ( for JJ ) next to cold trafford bus terminal

Was right next to you at Sunderland , the security was bit daft , just as well you didnt jump for the stage there was a orchestra pit :blushing:

The funny thing is that I did try to jump for the stage! :crazy:
Later in the night, once the gig was over I did go back to the front and to my horror I found that there was a fairly deep orchestra pit so in a way I am really thankful that the bouncers stopped me from jumping. Ouch!

Still, you only live once...

The funny thing is that I did try to jump for the stage! :crazy:
Later in the night, once the gig was over I did go back to the front and to my horror I found that there was a fairly deep orchestra pit so in a way I am really thankful that the bouncers stopped me from jumping. Ouch!

Still, you only live once...
Exactly.
Whereas bones can be fractured twice, thrice, many, many times...;)

Back
Top Bottom