AGGRESSIVE Music You Listen to When You are Feeling a Bit Peevish

This was my go-to rage song in high school. The blast beat at the 2:33 mark was usually when I'd start melting things with my heat vision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love's Ugly Children were a Christchurch band on the legendary New Zealand indpendent label Flying Nun. The band was around in the early 1990's. Their bass player was female and called Floss. Skinny as a rake. Blue dreadlocks. She was cooler than f***. I saw the band play upstairs at the Empire in Dunedin in perhaps 1992. Floss and the guitarist Simon ended up having a wrestling match on the floor, lying on top of each other while still playing their instruments. As I stood there in my uncool home knitted brown jersey and Harry Potter glasses, (before Harry Potter was written) I was witnessing the coolest thing I had ever seen in rock music.

After the gig I went up to Floss and said that "Personal World was my f*** off song" She said thanks. From that moment on I knew that their were those people who would always be cool and those who would be the geeks and both of us would love rock music for different things. As for Floss, I don't know what happened to her.

This is "Personal World". It still sounds as good as the day it was recorded.

^^^ Powerful stuff!

From one of my fave films...

"Mother doesn't like me playing Beethoven. She says I'm always peevish afterwards."

Watch from 9:44-13:20. :)

Nice thread. I've always liked the aggression on Dirt Room by Blue October

Nice thread. I've always liked the aggression on Dirt Room by Blue October

thanks for identifying the song you posted :thumb: I'll give it a listen :guitar:
as for me, its the song I use to play all the time, what a release it was!
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuoFiIFkdAA‎[/video]
Wish by Nine Inch Nails

Back
Top Bottom