Are you going to buy Swords and Single Box Sets?

Are you going to buy Swords and Single Box Sets?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But no royalties for Morrissey! ;)

(In all seriousness, just look at the track listing for CD1 alone. Seven singles, seven sets of B-sides. Yet 99% of the bands that ever existed couldn't put out a disc of comparable quality even if it were a Greatest Hits package spanning twenty years. We're spoiled.)

Yep and I think releases like this serve a good purpose because it makes it harder for those dullards who parrot the "Smiths good, Morrissey crap" line to be seen as credible.

I think Morrissey just doesn't like them because he isn't in control, for which I don't really blame him, it is his work after all. And he will get royalties, no matter what he says

I'll probably just buy Swords. I'd like to get the singles box set, but I need to be more frugal with my purchases, being a typical poor college student and whatnot.

I'm pretty sure I already have all the bsides that will be on Swords, but I didn't exactly buy them, so...:blushing: :lbf:

'Because of my poor education' is lyrically as good as anything Moz has written.

I'll buy 'swords' for the track-sequencing. I like to hear the songs arranged with care and grouped together. I do this myself with b-sides and non-album tracks.

What drugs are you on and may I have some please?:)

Seriously, 'Because of My Poor Education?' Yeah, right up there with 'How Soon is Now', 'Everyday is Like Sunday', and 'November Spawned a Monster.':crazy:

What drugs are you on and may I have some please?:)

Seriously, 'Because of My Poor Education?' Yeah, right up there with 'How Soon is Now', 'Everyday is Like Sunday', and 'November Spawned a Monster.':crazy:

Personal preference doesn't make someone a drug addict or crazy. :blushing:

Bump

We got 100 votes.

Thanks for voting and please vote if you haven't done yet. :)

I will buy Swords, both 7" singles box sets and the triple cd singles compilation pack.
My collection would not be complete without them.

I suppose most us here, like it or not, will end up buying all the stuff. I am not saying as soon as they will be out but at some point ( good self Christmas present or waiting for the price to go down a bit ) we will do so as we just cannot resist even if we know that the man himself does not approve. He did not approve last year ( or two years ago) a DVD release which we are all asking for , when is he going to give his approval so that we can get a proper release and not always DVD bootlegs with terrible sound and image quality?
Cheers Moz

I will definitely buy Swords. I'm not sure about the singles box - I have them already, so why buy them again? The only reason would be that they are more comfortable to listen to, all compiled on just a few cds.

Personal preference doesn't make someone a drug addict or crazy. :blushing:

Ah, joking???:)

On a serious note: if one cannot tell the difference between "Sweetie Pie" and "Everyday is Like Sunday" I think they've totally lost the plot. :crazy:

P.S. No need to respond, I'm quite accustomed to the idolatry on this site. :thumb:

...I'm not sure about the singles box - I have them already, so why buy them again? The only reason would be that they are more comfortable to listen to, all compiled on just a few cds.

..Or you could just pile them into iTunes as one continuous playlist...?

I'm curious as to what 'Swords' will offer - the alternative mix to Sweetie Pie, plus a few other unreleased tracks will warrant a purchase from me. Other than that, if its a half-arsed compilation of the stuff that's already been released, think i'll pass...

I'm curious as to what 'Swords' will offer - the alternative mix to Sweetie Pie, plus a few other unreleased tracks will warrant a purchase from me. Other than that, if its a half-arsed compilation of the stuff that's already been released, think i'll pass...

A CD-quality My Dearest Love would be worth the price of the compilation alone.

I'd like the alternate mix of Sweetie Pie too, but I have a feeling Moz likes the one used on the b-side.

the alternative mix of Sweetie Pie was nothing to do with Morrissey. it was just something that Mikey did after leaving the band, so there ain't no way that'd be on the album.
our best hope is that it will include the likes of 'Teresa, Teresa', 'I was bully', or 'When I was young'...

Swords track listing is uncovered, good time to bump this.
People who haven't voted yet, please vote. :)

Back
Top Bottom