Army Navy's Justin Kennedy talks about his Morrissey encounter as a wardrobe stylist

Originally posted at somedizzywhore.com:

Army Navy still battling as an indie with 'The Last Place' - Pop & Hiss, LA Times music blog

Excerpt:

The chance to collaborate with Morrissey isn't an opportunity most young rock musicians would take lightly. Justin Kennedy of the recently reinvigorated Army Navy justifiably jumped at the opportunity. But the band, having just released the vibrant collection of lovelorn-in-Los Angeles power pop that is "The Last Place," didn't gleam much musical knowledge from the dapper chronicler of strained relationships.

Kennedy, after all, pays the bills as a wardrobe stylist. "I dress people for photo shoots or events, or dress actors for red-carpet events," Kennedy said.

Sometimes these lead to exciting encounters, he said, such as the time he flew in Tom Cruise's private jet, and sometimes helping a man dress to his best can be "a dream come true," such as Kennedy's moment with Morrissey.

"I don't get to work with many musicians, so working with him, someone who has influenced me since I was a child -- and probably a major influence on the way I think -- was amazing," Kennedy said. "I was able to chill with him."

Morrissey even gave Kennedy a nickname. "He called me '80s legs," Kennedy said. "He said, 'What's up with the skinny jeans? Is that a retro thing?' At the end of the day he said to me, 'Thanks, '80s legs.' I was like, 'Holy crap, Morrissey just gave me a nickname!'"

Last edited:
Re: Burrrrnnn!!!!!!

I made an observation that allyouneedismorrissey is a boring site. :eek: God forbid freedom to make an observation be exercised without you playing the rejection card. Check your own self esteem. You morons converse with me everyday. :rolleyes:

I made an observation that allyouneedismorrissey is a boring site. :eek: God forbid freedom to make an observation be exercised without you playing the rejection card. Check your own self esteem. You morons converse with me everyday. :rolleyes:

Great to be a fookin hard gal, taking the piss, innit?!

Mind yourself. :)

Re: Article: Army Navy's Justin Kennedy talks about his Morrissey encounter as a ward

Interested thread. My first thought of is Phranc. She was the opening act for my first Moz show in 1991. Apparently only played until Boston because her brother was killed by a drive-by and replaced with Ferrick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5MWtbjQTgE Looks like she still performs and now is Phranc the Cardboard Cobbler. Artist?

-C

Good call, C. I'm on it! :thumb:

Re: Article: Army Navy's Justin Kennedy talks about his Morrissey encounter as a ward

What you say about everything and anything is not exactly true but I will give you that I recently purchased a bike helmet, so at least I'll be bashing my head safely. Allyouneedismorrissey never fails to provide the Lolz though, especially the thread started singing the praises of getting a shoutout by the bozo troll hyping this fake morrissey site, your poster postulating it's genuineness being Morrissey via Julia. You might consider getting some bike helmets over there to help with your detective work. Oh and FYI, I'd probably wear a f*** allyouneedismorrissey Tshirt, but I read it everyday. :cool:

You seem to have entirely missed the point of the poster you are responding to, which is that you are alone in giving any f***s what is posted on that other site. Or, well... not alone exactly, but leading the terminally butthurt camp of crybabies who constantly bring it up.

You seem to have entirely missed the point of the poster you are responding to, which is that you are alone in giving any f***s what is posted on that other site. Or, well... not alone exactly, but leading the terminally butthurt camp of crybabies who constantly bring it up.

Fair enough. It's kind of my "job" to miss a lot of little points, so long as I hit the big ones.

Aye, I look forward to more made up and unattributed knackers, leeched content and nutjob content.

P.

Ironic that you complain about "leeched content." How many of Jukebox Jury's posts from allyouneedismorrissey.com did you copy and paste here, again? Without attribution?

I know of two for sure.

Great to be a fookin hard gal, taking the piss, innit?!

Mind yourself. :)

I've swallowed so many nails I have a tummy ache. :p

Goinghome as someone who loves Morrissey why do you post on a website that Morrissey hates? Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical. Join us all at www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

Better conversations, your intelligence will be an asset to the site. This site is nothing but negativity and Morrissey-bashing. It's dead.

You need to let us know who you are. Many of us still remember the merry dance we were led by the user, broken, who in a similar way was found ultimately to be fraudulently brokering the blog - http://www.ringleaderofthetormentors1972.blogspot.com/ a few years ago. Morrissey isn't warning people for nothing.

Oh, well, why not stop now and do a bit of carpentry instead?:guitar:

I did and built the biggest, craziest Trojan Horse. :D With a sound system! :cool:

Army Navy's "The Last Place" and their self-titled debut are miles better than ROTT and YOR. Fun, upbeat, witty and catchy - which is why both A/N are on my summer playlist whilst Moz is not.

Ironic that you complain about "leeched content." How many of Jukebox Jury's posts from allyouneedismorrissey.com did you copy and paste here, again? Without attribution?

I know of two for sure.

None in fact. He texted me the details of stories he thinks need to be publicised before they appeared on AYNIM. You can ask him yourself. Go on. Shoddy journalism. Check your sources.

P.

Er, the prior source may have been at - http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4205774/5/ - posted by me a day before sdw. Just saying, since sources are being cited. Seeing as we're all rushing headlong, herdlike, into an ever-expanding cyber-matrix of smoke and mirrors, someone may also like to go and fetch a possibly more pertinent item from there - http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4469819/1/ - about Morrissey's contribution to a documentary on Mott the Hoople for release soon.

Yeah, blababla. I saw the information at the end of July but did not mention and post it here, because I have little to share people like you and the other sickos from allyouneedismorrissey.com or similar sickos who cannot think for themselves and just repeat what the gay and lesbian community handbook says. So it took you over three weeks to find out for yourself. lol

GoingHome I love the way you make all sorts of leaps of association. how exactly did you 'prove' who was behind that old blog and how exactly did you 'prove' who was behind this new blog? Mind-rreading?

Also explain for me this while you're at it

1 pledge to take shirt off in London fulfilled despite apparently having retired
2 quote of a ridiculous pop star at the palladium mentioned ironically on blog 3 or 4 days prior - even guardian journalist wrote of it in the observer
3 foreknowledge of US - mentioned 3 times over 6 days and then again day before and on morning of tty announcement
4 repeated mentions of blog by morrissey but never any criticism
5 the blog says "softly we tease, angrily we cry, viciously we love" on the 'tourr dates' thread, indicating they knew the 'announcement' on monday was a 'tease' and we would be 'angry'

There are more too. Do you seriously think this is just imaginary?

here http://morrisseysworld.blogspot.com...showComment=1314089138246#c761974789912980412

Monday, 22 August 2011
Please simply click the link to True To You for tour details
True To You

Softly we tease, angrily we cry, viciously we love.
Posted by Morrissey at 14:58

This was posted yesterday afternoon before the end of the day. How did the site know there would be no announcement? Eventually you'll get it.

Also love the way you keep acting all morally superior while you spend all day on a site morrissey despises and which he doesn't want you to use.

the 'warning' about www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com is just tongue-in-cheek. I tell you what. I'll eat my testicles and disappear forever if that site isn't in some way connected to him.

The only other possible explanaiton of the coincidences above is that he is an avid resder and enjoys doing things the blog says to make them come true - which is possible. But how could he arrange a US tour and announce it the following day just because it mentioned it in the blog? It makes no sense.

Skinny jeans are "retro/80s"? Someone needs to tell Marr, he's been wearing them for the last three decades :cool:

Yes they are 80s style jeans and also hideous and no Marr hasn't been wearing them for the last 3 decades at all. He went loose fit for years in the early 90s.

Back
Top Bottom