Artitst that is killilng their once fruitful career more than Morrissey?

• Thread starter Last Night I Tripped
  • Start date
Last edited:
Oh you're going down the whole 'gender is a social construct route.' I don't pay any attention to that jibber jabber. there are two genders, period. of course you have odd natural anomaly such hermaphrodites but they are a rare statistically speaking. But let me guess you belong in the whole 'gender is a spectrum camp?' well if there are a 1001 genders and gender isa spectrum then in effect there are 6 billion different genders as v=everyone is different, right? And what do you get from that, nutters such as a trans woman wanting getting smear test even when they don't have a cervix (duh!) just for the 'feelz.'

Now 'race' is an anthropological concept? Again go to any doctor and ask them about different races suffering different types of disease, diabetes, being prone to obesity etc. Well you can tell them, 'no need to check this race for diabetes because it's all a construct!' Genius.

Well, no. There are plenty of chromosomal translocations, androgen insensitivities, and other genetic irregularities that yield individuals who are neither XX nor XY or who have an additional sex chromosome. Ahh, college biology has served me well today.

Oh you're going down the whole 'gender is a social construct route.' I don't pay any attention to that jibber jabber. there are two genders, period. of course you have odd natural anomaly such hermaphrodites but they are a rare statistically speaking. But let me guess you belong in the whole 'gender is a spectrum camp?' well if there are a 1001 genders and gender isa spectrum then in effect there are 6 billion different genders as v=everyone is different, right? And what do you get from that, nutters such as a trans woman wanting getting smear test even when they don't have a cervix (duh!) just for the 'feelz.'

Now 'race' is an anthropological concept? Again go to any doctor and ask them about different races suffering different types of disease, diabetes, being prone to obesity etc. Well you can tell them, 'no need to check this race for diabetes because it's all a construct!' Genius.
No need for you to guess what I might believe. It's irrelevant.
Race is an anthropological concept. You might want to read about the history of colonialism and imperialism. The concept of race was used as if it literally meant "species" or "subspecies." The British Empire, for one, justified racism by assigning attributes to races.
Your argument is degenerating into hysteria. I'm not sure what "feelz" are or what they have to do with the facts but surely you must have heard that "correlation is not causation."
Yes, groups of people who are apparently unrelated can show statistically significant similarities. Is this because of "race?" When did this "race" come into existence? How many races do you believe exist? Did they come into existence spontaneously at different times? Was there one "race" at one time which then divided?
It's true that some diseases do seem more prevalent in certain social groups but to make your case you're going to have to first stop being so hysterical (look it up for a laugh) and try your best to write in English. :thumb:

She's punishing her mother for lying to her about her father's race. She may identify as ethnically white. But she is racially black--that is a biological fact.
While her motivation for her behavior could be in part attributable to the cause you suggest I think that fails to explain the entirety. I think it's partly psychology but there is some sociology involved as well. She seems to have a genuine issue with "Negros" and even if her problem with her mother is the central issue there is a wider basis for the way she chooses to express it. She isn't just focused on her mother's lies and her issues with her identity wouldn't be possible if she weren't living in a society with a rich history of racism.
As far as her being "racially black" I'm sorry but that's not a "fact." It would be more accurate to talk about her appearance and features as being statistically more prevalent among those who identify as "black."
Yes, you or I living in racist America are going to categorize this young lady as "black" as we have been taught to do. I'm not denying that. The entire reason she is on Dr Phil isn't because she hates her mother or because she is suffering some sort of dysmorphia but mostly because her particular way of expressing her issue is guaranteed to upset or amuse almost everyone in his audience. She's making racist comments that he wouldn't even air if he perceived her as "white."
But you're being very loose with the word "fact." Race is theory, not fact.

While her motivation for her behavior could be in part attributable to the cause you suggest I think that fails to explain the entirety. I think it's partly psychology but there is some sociology involved as well. She seems to have a genuine issue with "Negros" and even if her problem with her mother is the central issue there is a wider basis for the way she chooses to express it. She isn't just focused on her mother's lies and her issues with her identity wouldn't be possible if she weren't living in a society with a rich history of racism.
As far as her being "racially black" I'm sorry but that's not a "fact." It would be more accurate to talk about her appearance and features as being statistically more prevalent among those who identify as "black."
Yes, you or I living in racist America are going to categorize this young lady as "black" as we have been taught to do. I'm not denying that. The entire reason she is on Dr Phil isn't because she hates her mother or because she is suffering some sort of dysmorphia but mostly because her particular way of expressing her issue is guaranteed to upset or amuse almost everyone in his audience. She's making racist comments that he wouldn't even air if he perceived her as "white."
But you're being very loose with the word "fact." Race is theory, not fact.
Race as theory in the same way evolution is a theory. Both are considered to be true until proven otherwise. Kind of like things we consider to be facts.

Race as theory in the same way evolution is a theory. Both are considered to be true until proven otherwise. Kind of like things we consider to be facts.

You believe a theory is a fact until proven otherwise? While that is the way most people operate on their assumptions very few will actually admit it.
And you're making the same mistake as Bhops does when you equate two unrelated and complex concepts. In his case it was gender and race and now you have added the idea of evolution into the mix.
Evolution is very different than race. While there are problems with both there is a well documented history of the use of the concept of race being used to definenest-egg strata of humans and justify things like slavery.
On the other hand maybe all these things are the same and Bruce Jenner becoming Caitlyn Jenner was just her evolving.

You believe a theory is a fact until proven otherwise? While that is the way most people operate on their assumptions very few will actually admit it.
And you're making the same mistake as Bhops does when you equate two unrelated and complex concepts. In his case it was gender and race and now you have added the idea of evolution into the mix.
Evolution is very different than race. While there are problems with both there is a well documented history of the use of the concept of race being used to definenest-egg strata of humans and justify things like slavery.
On the other hand maybe all these things are the same and Bruce Jenner becoming Caitlyn Jenner was just her evolving.
You use a lot of words here but are not really saying much. I did not equate race with gender. If you reread my post you will see that I said race is equivalent to sex. And gender is equivalent to ethnicity.

I will add, you are confusing race with racism. These are two different concepts. One is based in biology: race. The other is a social set of behaviors and attitudes regarding race which may or may not lead to discrimination: racism. Similarly, sexism is a set of beliefs and attitudes regarding sex. Just because people have attitudes and beliefs about sex and race doesn’t mean that those two things don’t exist biologically. They do.

A theory is the best we can do to frame and describe our world around us based on evidence and scientific research which has stood the test of time. The ideas or assumptions are considered facts until proven otherwise. So to claim race is a theory is the same as claiming evolution is a theory. They both hold water. Lots of water.

Last edited:
Sex and race are biological characteristics. Gender and ethnicity are the cultural markers assigned to each sex and race.
Maybe to wacko Marxist social scientists but not to me. This is the type of craziness that Jordan Peterson has spoken so eloquently about.

No need for you to guess what I might believe. It's irrelevant.
Race is an anthropological concept. You might want to read about the history of colonialism and imperialism. The concept of race was used as if it literally meant "species" or "subspecies." The British Empire, for one, justified racism by assigning attributes to races.
Your argument is degenerating into hysteria. I'm not sure what "feelz" are or what they have to do with the facts but surely you must have heard that "correlation is not causation."
Yes, groups of people who are apparently unrelated can show statistically significant similarities. Is this because of "race?" When did this "race" come into existence? How many races do you believe exist? Did they come into existence spontaneously at different times? Was there one "race" at one time which then divided?
It's true that some diseases do seem more prevalent in certain social groups but to make your case you're going to have to first stop being so hysterical (look it up for a laugh) and try your best to write in English. :thumb:
I’m assuming you are the sort of person who believes Charles Murray should be burned at the stake. So there is no such thing as race only social groups? No differences in build, susceptibility to certain diseases, differences in IQ? Riiiiigggghtttt.

Maybe to wacko Marxist social scientists but not to me. This is the type of craziness that Jordan Peterson has spoken so eloquently about.

I agree, the neo-Marxists have lost the plot. I don't fall into that camp. Peterson has some great points. Many of which I agree with. I am glad I am not a student or faculty member on an higher education campus in American. The current climate IS hostile. The whole radical PC shift happened after I graduated. So my views are more old school than you realize.

I’m assuming you are the sort of person who believes Charles Murray should be burned at the stake. So there is no such thing as race only social groups? No differences in build, susceptibility to certain diseases, differences in IQ? Riiiiigggghtttt.

Murray has been unfairly blacklisted. Here is a good discussion between him and Sam Harris.

You use a lot of words here but are not really saying much. I did not equate race with gender. If you reread my post you will see that I said race is equivalent to sex. And gender is equivalent to ethnicity.

I will add, you are confusing race with racism. These are two different concepts. One is based in biology: race. The other is a social set of behaviors and attitudes regarding race which may or may not lead to discrimination: racism. Similarly, sexism is a set of beliefs and attitudes regarding sex. Just because people have attitudes and beliefs about sex and race doesn’t mean that those two things don’t exist biologically. They do.

A theory is the best we can do to frame and describe our world around us based on evidence and scientific research which has stood the test of time. The ideas or assumptions are considered facts until proven otherwise. So to claim race is a theory is the same as claiming evolution is a theory. They both hold water. Lots of water.

And I didn't say you equated race with gender. I didn't say anyone did. What I actually said is that Bhops compared race with gender, which isn't helpful or clarifying, and that you added evolution to the mix.
And I'm sorry but race is not a biological fact.
Race Is a Social Construct, Scientists Argue
Science would favor Du Bois. Today, the mainstream belief among scientists is that race is a social construct without biological meaning. And yet, you might still open a study on genetics in a major scientific journal and find categories like "white" and "black" being used as biological variables.
There’s No Scientific Basis for Race—It's a Made-Up Label
IN THE FIRST half of the 19th century, one of America’s most prominent scientists was a doctor named Samuel Morton. Morton lived in Philadelphia, and he collected skulls.

He wasn’t choosy about his suppliers. He accepted skulls scavenged from battlefields and snatched from catacombs. One of his most famous craniums belonged to an Irishman who’d been sent as a convict to Tasmania (and ultimately hanged for killing and eating other convicts). With each skull Morton performed the same procedure: He stuffed it with pepper seeds—later he switched to lead shot—which he then decanted to ascertain the volume of the braincase.

Morton believed that people could be divided into five races and that these represented separate acts of creation. The races had distinct characters, which corresponded to their place in a divinely determined hierarchy. Morton’s “craniometry” showed, he claimed, that whites, or “Caucasians,” were the most intelligent of the races. East Asians—Morton used the term “Mongolian”—though “ingenious” and “susceptible of cultivation,” were one step down. Next came Southeast Asians, followed by Native Americans. Blacks, or “Ethiopians,” were at the bottom. In the decades before the Civil War, Morton’s ideas were quickly taken up by the defenders of slavery.​

Maybe you should do some reading on what you believe to be "fact" as well as educate yourself on the definition of the word "fact." Because it is a fact that people who actually spend their lives studying these things have a different opinion than you do. That alone is enough to make your use of the word "fact" incorrect.
You say that I am confused about the difference between race and racism. In fact the two things are more related than you know.
Those sources, Scientific American and National Geographic are well established and are just a couple of the top links that come up with a quick search "does race exist?"

As far as me "using a lot of words and saying nothing" unfortunately for that argument perception is not reality and you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. I'm not really going to get into trading insults because if your "race isn't racism" argument was a grenade you pulled the pin but forgot to throw it.

If not for Bhops this thread and probably the entire website would be out of control. We have a time before emotions ruled and one when emotions rule and that time is now. Emotions can lead people astray and make them fall in love with the wrong person and end up a single parent.
Knowledge and facts are of no interest to young generations hellbent on throwing the baby our with the bath water cause they just don't feel it.

If not for Bhops this thread and probably the entire website would be out of control. We have a time before emotions ruled and one when emotions rule and that time is now. Emotions can lead people astray and make them fall in love with the wrong person and end up a single parent.
Knowledge and facts are of no interest to young generations hellbent on throwing the baby our with the bath water cause they just don't feel it.

I'm sure Bhops welcomes your support.
b32.jpg

I'm sure Bhops welcomes your support.
b32.jpg
You are reading the God's honest truth. When you mature you will see yourself now as beneath a coconut in intelligence and realise it was because you never at any point used your brain.
Lefties without arguments pumped on emotions describes the demise of the world and it needs to stop now. Mind terrorists are a bigger problem than physical terrorists.

If everyone was proud of the race they belong to we'd have no problems but some people belonging to some races are openly admitting that they hate what and who they are.
American prisons is a study into this and how people with mental problems are locked up instead of being treated.
It seems only people of the white race are able to organise and structure everything from work to private life. Perhaps the white people are so rich and well off cause they worked so hard for it having to sacrifice a lot of things on the way there?

You are reading the God's honest truth. When you mature you will see yourself now as beneath a coconut in intelligence and realise it was because you never at any point used your brain.
Lefties without arguments pumped on emotions describes the demise of the world and it needs to stop now. Mind terrorists are a bigger problem than physical terrorists.
giphy.gif

Can you tell me more about the differences in IQ? Again, let's not make it about your guesses or assumptions about what I might believe. That's irrelevant. I could believe any number of things but that doesn't affect the facts. What I want to know is what specifically you are saying about differences in IQ.

Back
Top Bottom