Average age of Morrissey's audience?

I wonder...has to be older than the pop norm surely...

the pop norm? eh?

it's reasonably typical of someone who burst onto the music scene in the mid 1980s.
his recent success means he's picked up quite a few younger fans unlike his peers such as Lloyd Cole, Billy Bragg and Paul Heaton, but I'd guess the average age of someone at his concerts would be late 30's or 40 something.

would be interesting to compare the average age of artists' fanbases.
those that continue to get major airplay and commercial success into their 40's and 50's (like Madonna and U2) will pick up a lot more younger fans than those who don't...

It truely warmed the heart to see such a cross-section, at least for the show in Australia '02. There was honestly no majority :)

His fans are of all ages. It's great.

I just turned 18 and I am crazy for Morrissey!!!

So crazy.
I just wish I'd find a lover who shares this passions just like mine!!

Chicago!!!

I am 20 and i love both Morrissey on his own and The smiths. I don't think there's such a thing like a definitive age rank for people who likes him.

I'm 17 and the biggest fan I know. :lbf: I've yet to see anybody my age out themselves as a fan, though. Depressing! The only fans I know personally are strictly Smiths fans, in their 40s.

I'm 17 and the biggest fan I know. :lbf: I've yet to see anybody my age out themselves as a fan, though. Depressing! The only fans I know personally are strictly Smiths fans, in their 40s.

Nearly there, lol.

I'm one of Moz's littler minions too... well I was when I first got into him at the wee age of 13 back in 2006 and have survived to reach the grand old age of 17 by some miracle.

I'm 23, nevertheless I found Morrissey when I was 16.
I'm really sure that's not important - if you are 6 or 60 you can like Morrissey, or the Smiths, the same way. However, you just need to understand what he says and sings (and I'm not talking about language, ok?).

I'll be 34 next month.

Wish you coulda came to the Pittsburgh St. Patrick's Day gig :(

Man, I don't drive or I'd have been there no doubt. Lonesome? When I was 17and I saw him at Hammerstein I was alone...and getting spit on by drunk women and some 50 year old dude tried to pick me up ("Wanna go to my apartment for some drinks?") at the merch table

I'm one of Moz's littler minions too... well I was when I first got into him at the wee age of 13 back in 2006 and have survived to reach the grand old age of 17 by some miracle.

Same here. I got into him when I was about 13 (Which was either late 2003 or early 2004) and here I am, 19 and still hangin' on.:thumb:

Last edited:
As a stats anorak who can't be arsed to do real work, I've decided to make a box plot to demonstrate the average age of Moz fans. :)

Back
Top Bottom