Bad, bad people...

Mark Long

maladjusted
I felt compelled to post.

I am aware that Morrissey dislikes this place, but I wanted to start a thread of support because of all the negativity that has been flying around: Liverpool idiot, Humburg nonsense, was he right to walk off? etc etc ad nauseum.

I just feel that at the minute, Moz looks tired and fed up and could do with a bit of slack from the those he should most be able expect it from.

It probably sounds trite, but he has provided with so much joy and encouragement over the years.

This is a place for us who are still true to you...

Viva Moz.

I agree, not a thread to argue the rights and wrongs of this, that or the other, you can argue elsewhere on the appropriate thread.
I'm still with you, Moz.
We're all only human:) x

I agree. I think the problem is he only booked this European tour because of previous cancellations. If they hadn't happened he'd probably just do a month on the west coast of the US.

I just find fan's reactions to be very intolerant. Whatever he does seems to be wrong. They never look at what he does actually do that other artists of his stature couldn't be bothered with.

Too bad he dislikes this place. There are many good people here too.
I know at least I'm a kind person.
I'll be here.
I was away for some years, but my life has gone up and down for many reasons. Now I'm back. I'll always been a fan, more or less. Atm it's more.

Here's how I see both situations...

Liverpool: Morrissey has been ill, there's no question about that, and right when he is starting to recuperate a little and feels like performing again for his fans, he gets a cup of beer lobbed at his head. If I was in the same situation (weak and still recovering), the last thing I would want is for that to happen to me. I have no question that he realizes how disappointed the other people attending the gig were, but it was completely rude and uncalled for, especially given the state of his health, and he acted in a moment of passion and anger. I can't blame him for that at all.

Hamburg: He made a lighthearted joke, then gets told to f*** himself. Being a rational person myself, I'd have said the exact same thing to the douchebag in the audience. Notice how Morrissey pulled a face and didn't let him continue talking once he got to the "You insulted us and I..." part? He did that because he couldn't believe how f***ing ridiculous a statement that was to make, when the joke he made had no insult attached to it at all.

Like others have said, he's getting to the end of his tether with regard to the tolerance of stupid bullshit, and stupid f***ing people.

"You can only be strong for so long..." -- before you just need to say it like it is and tell these people to f*** themselves. I applaud him all the way.

The only criticism I have is a lack of his presence in my country. For every beer-lobbing, insult-calling piece of scum out there, I could take their ticket and enjoy a show.

Here's how I see both situations...

Liverpool: Morrissey has been ill, there's no question about that, and right when he is starting to recuperate a little and feels like performing again for his fans, he gets a cup of beer lobbed at his head. If I was in the same situation (weak and still recovering), the last thing I would want is for that to happen to me. I have no question that he realizes how disappointed the other people attending the gig were, but it was completely rude and uncalled for, especially given the state of his health, and he acted in a moment of passion and anger. I can't blame him for that at all.

Hamburg: He made a lighthearted joke, then gets told to f*** himself. Being a rational person myself, I'd have said the exact same thing to the douchebag in the audience. Notice how Morrissey pulled a face and didn't let him continue talking once he got to the "You insulted us and I..." part? He did that because he couldn't believe how f***ing ridiculous a statement that was to make, when the joke he made had no insult attached to it at all.

Like others have said, he's getting to the end of his tether with regard to the tolerance of stupid bullshit, and stupid f***ing people.

"You can only be strong for so long..." -- before you just need to say it like it is and tell these people to f*** themselves. I applaud him all the way.

Well put.

Again I am new here so maybe my opinion doesnt hold as much weight as people who have been fans for years

I stated on another thread that it seems that he just needs a break.

From a financial point of view cancelling concerts is expensive and in the end costing him a pretty penny - I might be wrong on that point ?

Being broken hearted is the only thing that comes to mind when I see him on his latest performances on You Tube or hear that fans saying that he doesnt seem to be in top form.

Aside from the below obstervations -

He is still ill and is trying to do a tour
He is officically a free agent again
His "fans" throw beer on him - yell swear words at him etc....

I just read the James Maker interview and the part on lonliness hit home for some reason. This man gave a lifetime to his fans - yes he cancelled shows etc but to me fans are the only constant that he has had in his life. To see people turn on him or be disrespectful in this manner, again, must be heartbreaking to him - Agree ? Disagree?

Again I am new here so maybe my opinion doesnt hold as much weight as people who have been fans for years

From a financial point of view cancelling concerts is expensive and in the end costing him a pretty penny - I might be wrong on that point ?

Being broken hearted is the only thing that comes to mind when I see him on his latest performances on You Tube or hear that fans saying that he doesnt seem to be in top form.

I just read the James Maker interview and the part on lonliness hit home for some reason. This man gave a lifetime to his fans - yes he cancelled shows etc but to me fans are the only constant that he has had in his life. To see people turn on him or be disrespectful in this manner, again, must be heartbreaking to him - Agree ? Disagree?

Exactly, but I think my main point here is that the imbeciles that have been discussed are a TINY minority, To see his face when he is talking to that guy in Hamburg is saddening, I just hope he knows they are very few.

True -

I just wonder why people bother? Why waste your money

Why do people come to shows just to watch him squirm - what demented
soul does this?

Lets make the famous person uncomfortable !!! I dont know just seems a waste of time -

take up badminton or something .... :confused:

Why doesn't our gilded saint just SACK his CRAP security team and get some new "Blood" in???
(.. might have come in handy at the Liverpool show 7thNov..... Or were they too busy gazing upon his wondrous wage-paying Butt to actually DO THEIR f***ing job..???? which is to PROTECT him....best friend on the payroll my arse....).

If he couldn't take a rather pitiful ( but , no doubt heartfelt) "f*** yourself" from a disgruntled fan ( after he had made "Light" of the fans city/culturef/City Name and then sang a song about Loving Paris...
And then ( sort of) give the man a chance to explain, and then doesn't LET him explain....but then "Bully boys" him out of the building...oh, FFS....
what are we supposed to do at furure gigs ??? Bow and sit ( Like subdued pets...)reverently to hear the words of the True messiah,(...IF he can be bothered to turn up.. )..or just put up with AWFUL waffle like" I'm Ok by Myself" and then kiss the hem of his f***ing sacred gown?? and quietly retire to candle -lit vigils to bless him for our Ticket and expenses cost...And then
Thank him again, and pray to the Gods for allowing us to sniff the same sacred air he farts into ??.....sorry....I'm not buying that anymore...
I am getting to the stage where I am thinking "f*** you, Morrissey" myself...petulant Twat........take a few years off and come back with the God-like genius that I KNOW you are still capable of....but, PLEASE, not shite like "The father who must be killed".....
...and do you have a vacancy.....for a decent security chap???

Last edited:
(((((Morrissey)))))

a streak of bad luck at the moment,

I found him very fit, witty n sharp: 'love me outside' :thumb:

a great quote

(wish I had the techie skillz to have this as a ringtone.)

(Hoping the bloke from Hamburg who seems to have some issues gets around them. And the one in L'pool realizes what a wooodpan* he is that ruined the night for so many)

* What I don't get is how native english speakers use lovely areas of the bodies whom one can have much fun with - c*** - prick - (if one is inclined that way) as derogatory terms.

** Ever tried to grill stuff in a woodpan ? ... messes the whole thing up

@ [email protected],

insulting /hitting the person
who sings their heart out / puts himself in a vulnerable position
is uncool, un-rocknroll, just plain rude

Who apart from a tourette afflicted person
would first insult, then confess their love?

(Apart from people in an abusive relationship ... so it sseems to me its a very sane way to react with 'love me outside')

Would make a good slogan against violence against women.

(Almost every day newspapers report that women who wanted to end their relationship were attacked/killed by their former 'partner' 'lover' 'husband')

Why doesn't our gilded saint just SACK his CRAP security team and get some new "Blood" in???
(.. might have come in handy at the Liverpool show 7thNov..... Or were they too busy gazing upon his wondrous wage-paying Butt to actually DO THEIR f***ing job..???? which is to PROTECT him....best friend on the payroll my arse....).

If he couldn't take a rather pitiful ( but , no doubt heartfelt) "f*** yourself" from a disgruntled fan ( after he had made "Light" of the fans city/culturef/City Name and then sang a song about Loving Paris...
And then ( sort of) give the man a chance to explain, and then doesn't LET him explain....but then "Bully boys" him out of the building...oh, FFS....
what are we supposed to do at furure gigs ??? Bow and sit ( Like subdued pets...)reverently to hear the words of the True messiah,(...IF he can be bothered to turn up.. )..or just put up with AWFUL waffle like" I'm Ok by Myself" and then kiss the hem of his f***ing sacred gown?? and quietly retire to candle -lit vigils to bless him for our Ticket and expenses cost...And then
Thank him again, and pray to the Gods for allowing us to sniff the same sacred air he farts into ??.....sorry....I'm not buying that anymore...
I am getting to the stage where I am thinking "f*** you, Morrissey" myself...petulant Twat........take a few years off and come back with the God-like genius that I KNOW you are still capable of....but, PLEASE, not shite like "The father who must be killed".....
...and do you have a vacancy.....for a decent security chap???

If you're thinking "f*** you Morrissey" then you don't have to worry about next concerts. Don't go.

As for security, they can't stop people shouting out and chicken wire is the only way to stop bottles flying on stage.

When i was at the bar at MEN in 04, i tried chatting to a guy who was also waiting about Morrissey and he looked at me like i'd just shat in his mouth and said "I don't give a f***ing shit about Morrissey"...niiiice, that'll be why you spent 40 odd quid to be there, to stand at the bar.

And a similar thing in The Hall for Cornwall in Truro, a guy there said he hated Moz and was going to heckle him with Stone Roses songs..alas the poor soldier had tickets for the circle, and nothing could be heard, not even a gurgle.

So we see, for some bizzare reason, non Morrissey fans seem compelled to hand over cash to go and see him. It would be like me going to watch one of those Twilight films, albeit cheaper, just to throw my popcorn at the screen. I think i'll just hate it outside.

May I suggest that if this is a positive and supportive thread we don't engage negative comments /people. Their opinions have value but the point of this thread is, if I understand it, to be nice.
So on that note, I love Morrissey. He helps and enriches my life daily.

THAT IS RIGHT !!!

we LOVE MORRISSEY -- we wish him good health a fantastic rest of the tour and seasons greetings

smiley overload :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

beautifully put. I agree, completely.

and also, WE LOVE YOU MOZ! :D :D

So how about a different title to this thread so that Morrissey or one of his people might actually bother to read it.
;)

Ofcourse none of us can understand why you'd go to a gig only to throw things/yell abuse at the person you'd went to see. That is inexcusable really. However, that doesn't mean you can't criticise some of the decisions he makes. Personally I thought it was wrong to abandon the Liverpool gig, and perhaps he could've just let the heckling incident go last night, but I don't know what Morrissey is going through at the moment, whatever it is he certainly doesn't need abuse, so in that respect his actions are understandible. Questioning his judgement doesn't make me - or others - love him any less though. Morrissey could make mistake after mistake, hurting other people in the process, and I'd still love him. Because he means so much to me, and I owe everything to him. So I'm a fan of the thread :thumb: Here's hoping the rest of the tour goes a bit more smoothly

Having seen him be hit twice by a flying object from the crowd this year, I don't blame him for leaving / swearing / whatever! No one has to take that, sorry folks.

Moz, hope to see you again - when you're good & ready to tour somewhere close to where I am! :D

Tags
we love you moz
Back
Top Bottom