Bored of Morrissey

dreamchild

Anyone else bored with Morrisey cause I am

Whenever one of his sogns comes on my playlists I just sort of go GUH and change it, Idont know why.

Its like as if this is the audience........

:):):):):mad::):):)

guess what one I am..... the red one (MAD)

Me too a bit. (Well, about as much as I can be. I still love his music and I love him and I can't stop thinking about him and trying to learn his songs and coming on this forum to talk about him.) But lately I have been bored with his music. I will listen to a few of his songs a day but I can't really stand an entire cd. When I listen to his songs now it is a combination of love and bit irritation. Some of his songs I have listened to so many times that it is hard to listen to them. It is like when I watch my favorite movie over ten times. I get to the point where I still love it, but I can't watch it. I will sit in front of the tv knowing what is coming next and feeling a combination of love and impatience. I want to fast forward to the next part, and then the next part. I still think the movie is great, but it can no longer bring me the wonderful pleasure that it used to.It's a bit like this::popcorn::squiffy::love::sick::sweet::head-smack::tears: This is a bit how it has become with Morrissey. I am really liking some of his songs right now, like "Sunny," but the rest has been so overplayed. I'm thinking maybe it is time I took a break and found some new music.:(

Give it a while. You will soon have renewed interest in Morrissey when life's dreams go terribly awry...

You could just not listen.

Mandatory Morrissey listening will not go into effect until I achieve world domination.

You could just not listen.

Mandatory Morrissey listening will not go into effect until I achieve world domination.

New World (restraining) Order! :p

Of course he should release a new stuff but I do believe he has good songs enough for a whole life.

I'm not bored of Morrissey. I'm bored of his master plan. I hate to be a debbie downer on fat Tuesday while so many ladies are flashing their titties for fake beads and general debauchery is celebrated, but here's my deal with Morrissey touring. :straightface:

Have you ever seen the movie Bowfinger? It's a movie about a crooked producer/director who in a quest for greatness directs a film using a pair of twins, one put in danger while blind to it and the other driven almost mad by the producer's deceit. Morrissey, half of a mystery tradition so celebrated, is simultaneously half a blind man put in harms way and half lead to believe things that aren't true with the net result that somewhere, someone is revelling in greatness. He's a little bit like a roping calf running from the chute while a cowboy on a horse chases him down and hopes that while roped and tripped, something anomalous happens. A light falls from a stage, a dumbass throws a bottle at his head, his tour bus crashes off a cliff. He is put in danger while on tour but blind to it because you gotta live your life, right? Gotta sing for your fans? Does Morrissey know of his master plan? I'm not sure. I know he keeps touring and they become more and more disasterous, cancelled shows, the press mocking him, his fans pissed off. Yet he sings and sings and sings, yearning for HIS great moment to happen but blind to the truth, he is a pawn in other master's games. The other day my friend held his cat upside down, his cat while writhing and wiggling to be free and he said to this cat "Oh Maymay, can we establish some sort of symbiotic relationship?"

I say f*** it, I don't give a shit about greatness. It hurts my goddamn chest and f***ing fed up with it. Screw off assholes.

I can't even remember last time I listened to a Morrissey song. As much as I love the man, sometimes it gets boring. I go through phases. I will always collect no matter if I am listening to Morrissey or Smiths at the time. I will always be on the lookout for something I don't have. But the last phase I went through with no Morrissey was 2002 when the Colorado Springs show got canceled and I already had non refundable plane tickets and hotel, and gig ticket. I still went to Colorado and had a good time, it was beautiful. But I didn't start back into Moz until Quarry rumors started popped up. So I probably went a good year. It was refreshing to hear again.

I got into Cocteau Twins ages ago...They took me away from The Smiths/Morrissey for a while! But I still listen to Morrissey almost everyday!

I got into Cocteau Twins ages ago...They took me away from The Smiths/Morrissey for a while! But I still listen to Morrissey almost everyday!

Love The Cocteau Twins. I saw then in Atlanta on the Milk and kisses tour.

Last edited:
No,Im not.And shouldn't it be bored "with"?.I listen to Smiths/Moz going to work, coming home from work, at work,at home,on the bus,shopping,you name it.Perhaps I need weaning off him??

No,Im not.And shouldn't it be bored "with"?.I listen to Smiths/Moz going to work, coming home from work, at work,at home,on the bus,shopping,you name it.Perhaps I need weaning off him??

I'm 99% the same, unless I just want a change once in a while :D

Love The Cocteau Twins. I saw then in Charlotte on the Milk and kisses tour.

That absolutely rocks mate!

"Bored of Morrissey" works fine, it was Morrissey "the brand" I was refering to, not the person.

You probably have ear gout, all that rich music all the time cannot be good for you.

Personally I think you need to go down on him. But not this moment.

I'm not bored of Morrissey. I'm bored of his master plan. I hate to be a debbie downer on fat Tuesday while so many ladies are flashing their titties for fake beads and general debauchery is celebrated, but here's my deal with Morrissey touring. :straightface:

Have you ever seen the movie Bowfinger? It's a movie about a crooked producer/director who in a quest for greatness directs a film using a pair of twins, one put in danger while blind to it and the other driven almost mad by the producer's deceit. Morrissey, half of a mystery tradition so celebrated, is simultaneously half a blind man put in harms way and half lead to believe things that aren't true with the net result that somewhere, someone is revelling in greatness. He's a little bit like a roping calf running from the chute while a cowboy on a horse chases him down and hopes that while roped and tripped, something anomalous happens. A light falls from a stage, a dumbass throws a bottle at his head, his tour bus crashes off a cliff. He is put in danger while on tour but blind to it because you gotta live your life, right? Gotta sing for your fans? Does Morrissey know of his master plan? I'm not sure. I know he keeps touring and they become more and more disasterous, cancelled shows, the press mocking him, his fans pissed off. Yet he sings and sings and sings, yearning for HIS great moment to happen but blind to the truth, he is a pawn in other master's games. The other day my friend held his cat upside down, his cat while writhing and wiggling to be free and he said to this cat "Oh Maymay, can we establish some sort of symbiotic relationship?"

I say f*** it, I don't give a shit about greatness. It hurts my goddamn chest and f***ing fed up with it. Screw off assholes.

This would make a great sequence in a Hard Day's Night kind of Morrissey movie. :D

Back
Top Bottom