Boycott Letterman

My Friends Are Human Beings...

Okay, as I said..I support free speech and I totally empathize with anyone who wants to persuade me to stop eating meat again...

BUT YOU on the other hand said that the Meat Industry should be ILLEGAL...thus FORCING your views on me and other people...

This world would be a better place if Everyone were Vegeterian..I'm not going to argue with that..but that is something that everyone has to come to by choice..you can't FORCE it on people...it's not going to happen OVERNIGHT...

Can you imagine the nightmare scenario if Congress banned Meat Overnight...Seriously...STOP and THINK...What's going to happen to all those animals being raised?? Do you think the farmers will continue to FEED them if they're not going to make any money off of them?

Are you going to open your home and take them in?

As I said...You seem to think that people who eat Meat are vile and horrid and as I stated you must think the same about Lions, and Tigers, And Bears OH My!

You need to accept that people have a difference of opinion than you and that just because they choose to eat meat does not make Them "A Barbarian"...

I was A Vegeterian for 15 years, and will probably be so again in the future..but my arm will not be twisted..I will not be intimidated, scorned, or ridiciuled into shame..

And you people call the Anti-Abortion people "Extremists"...at least that's Human Life...

You just asked the same question (what to do with these animals?) that I just spent several minutes typing out for you.

Then you put words in my mouth and even in quotes - that I did not say.

Frankly, I don't care what you did for 15 years. What you do now matters.

But since you have asked the question that I just answered AGAIN after I spent the time on answering... acting as if I did not answer logically (i said they would be slaughtered - did I not?) then there is no reason for me to discuss any more because I am talking to a wall.

so I guess this conversation is over.

bye.

Calling all Morrissey fans, vegetarians and anyone else who watched Letterman's June 29th show in utter disbelief...

If you'd like to participate in the boycott of the show and its sponsors, you can find contact info and a sample letter at blog.myspace.com/senoritaincognito or amidst the July 6 comments on Morrissey's "official" myspace.

NOTE: The CBS email address ([email protected]) is currently bouncing back mail because the mailbox is full. Hopefully it's full of protest letters, but just in case, KEEP TRYING!

Good plan. I was aghast!

Also... HI! *waves* :D

Can you imagine the nightmare scenario if Congress banned Meat Overnight...Seriously...STOP and THINK...What's going to happen to all those animals being raised?? Do you think the farmers will continue to FEED them if they're not going to make any money off of them?

Are you going to open your home and take them in?

As I said...You seem to think that people who eat Meat are vile and horrid and as I stated you must think the same about Lions, and Tigers, And Bears OH My!

You need to accept that people have a difference of opinion than you and that just because they choose to eat meat does not make Them "A Barbarian"...

1. Animal Rights activists understand this is a long term process, so we don't assume that a law will be passed to free animals over night. If by some magical occurrence this did happen, the faith of these animals would be much less cruel than what was ultimately going to happen to them- a certain death. By giving them freedom, we save them from a life of no choice. You were talking a lot about wanting a choice when it comes to eating meat, which is very hypocritical because your ability to have a choice directly discontinues another living beings access to freedom of choice, instead puts them in chains and ultimately kills them. Vegetarianism allows for both sides to live life. What we're arguing about here is HOW humans live their lives, because eating meat is not a question of life or death, for humans. For animals, it certainly is.

2. Grade 6 biology will surely support me when I say- the animals you listed are carnivores. Their bodies are not designed to survive without flesh of prey which they hunt down and kill. It is the natural food chain. Today's meat industry is not even slightly resembling what this chain should look like. If you are going to use the "omnivore" argument, I invite you to try to kill an animal such as a cow or a pig without using any weapons. Your anatomy is not designed to hunt and kill, if it was, you'd have extended front molars, claws, and hind legs that can press and lock down on your prey, suffessfully keeping them from escaping.

3. I think that people who are ignorant as to what flesh is are not barbaric- just misinformed. But people whose appetite is the most important thing in their life, and who lack compassion, and are not urged to do SOMETHING upon knowing what their food is, apparently are not developed enough in one aspect of their life. It is very ignorant and egoistic to pursue the carnivorous behaviour when one knows how much pain and suffering it is doing to millions of living beings, especially when that person KNOWS that not eating meat does not directly harm their health and survival...more over, benefits a healthy, balanced lifestyle.

You just asked the same question (what to do with these animals?) that I just spent several minutes typing out for you.

Then you put words in my mouth and even in quotes - that I did not say.

Frankly, I don't care what you did for 15 years. What you do now matters.

But since you have asked the question that I just answered AGAIN after I spent the time on answering... acting as if I did not answer logically (i said they would be slaughtered - did I not?) then there is no reason for me to discuss any more because I am talking to a wall.

so I guess this conversation is over.

bye.

Good luck getting your Meat-Banning Bill passed...

Do I care about what you eat...NO...I do not force you to eat anything...nor should you advocate FORCING me not to eat anything...

Next time, Think before making a post like "The Meat Industy should be ILLEGAL"...it's just not possible...nor is logical at this juncture...When enough people reach that conclusion..(And I believe it will happen someday)...then it will be abolished...

1. Animal Rights activists understand this is a long term process, so we don't assume that a law will be passed to free animals over night. If by some magical occurrence this did happen, the faith of these animals would be much less cruel than what was ultimately going to happen to them- a certain death. By giving them freedom, we save them from a life of no choice. You were talking a lot about wanting a choice when it comes to eating meat, which is very hypocritical because your ability to have a choice directly discontinues another living beings access to freedom of choice, instead puts them in chains and ultimately kills them. Vegetarianism allows for both sides to live life. What we're arguing about here is HOW humans live their lives, because eating meat is not a question of life or death, for humans. For animals, it certainly is.

2. Grade 6 biology will surely support me when I say- the animals you listed are carnivores. Their bodies are not designed to survive without flesh of prey which they hunt down and kill. It is the natural food chain. Today's meat industry is not even slightly resembling what this chain should look like. If you are going to use the "omnivore" argument, I invite you to try to kill an animal such as a cow or a pig without using any weapons. Your anatomy is not designed to hunt and kill, if it was, you'd have extended front molars, claws, and hind legs that can press and lock down on your prey, suffessfully keeping them from escaping.

3. I think that people who are ignorant as to what flesh is are not barbaric- just misinformed. But people whose appetite is the most important thing in their life, and who lack compassion, and are not urged to do SOMETHING upon knowing what their food is, apparently are not developed enough in one aspect of their life. It is very ignorant and egoistic to pursue the carnivorous behaviour when one knows how much pain and suffering it is doing to millions of living beings, especially when that person KNOWS that not eating meat does not directly harm their health and survival...more over, benefits a healthy, balanced lifestyle.

As I stated many times..My argument is not with Vegeterians as a whole...I was a vegeterian for 15 years by choice...I think it is a much more pleasant alternative...

My argument was with the person who made the illogical statement that The Meat Industry should be Illegal..which thereby adocates Telling me what I can and can not eat...

In a perfect world, we would all be vegeterian...and I think that will happen one day in the future...

As I stated many times..My argument is not with Vegeterians as a whole...I was a vegeterian for 15 years by choice...I think it is a much more pleasant alternative...

My argument was with the person who made the illogical statement that The Meat Industry should be Illegal..which thereby adocates Telling me what I can and can not eat...

In a perfect world, we would all be vegeterian...and I think that will happen one day in the future...

fair enough :)
have you looked into going back to being veg? what's the reason why you quit?

fair enough :)
have you looked into going back to being veg? what's the reason why you quit?

Health...I was always below 150...I only eat meat about 1-2 times a week to be honest...I'm like a reverse first degree vegeterian..cause i don't eat white meat..never could stand the taste of it..

Oh yeah, there was a girl involved too...but that's another story..

I tend to have that effect on people...

As I stated on the other thread..

I don't take anything said in debate personally...

I think we can agree to let this one drop...

i started the "infamous" milk thread.....

in regards to the seeing eye dogs, etc., i think it can be fairly said that they are being "exploited" (your word, not mine) for the benefit of man.

glad that you at least own up to your own ridiculous maxims and tell us that morrissey is being cruel in those promo photos. Never knew cruelty could be so cute.

I was only suggesting to read it.

Guide dogs equal pets with extra training. People and animals develop a deep bilateral relationship.

If it's not his own dogs, then it is.
I do not know what is cute, I don't judge by this criterion.

And I think it's really time to call it a day.

Why would I wanna boycott Letterman? I dont even know anyone under the age of 50 who watches him. The only time I watch letterman is online when someone has posted a decent performance by one artist or the other.

Conan, Kimmel, Daily Show...those are the places Moz should be performing!!

I`m a lifelong committed veggie.However i feed my kids meat because their dad wants them to have it.I shall begin my vile despicable brainwashing program when they hit their teens:DBesiides any mother knows getting kids to eat veggies is a nigh on impossible task.I even dyed cauliflower purple!!

I accept that never in a million years will the whole world go veggie.If it did there simply would not be cows in the field(except milk cows) and then the males calves would do what?Leather? Pigs certainly wouldn`t exsist.

If people must eat meat and they will.then the animals should be free to roam,not huddled together in confined spaces.Their life should be as humane as possible.

The Christmas turkey trade is a good example of wickdness to animals.They never see daylight.

However committed you are to a cause you can never be vile to people because they do not agee with you.:)

Calling all Morrissey fans, vegetarians and anyone else who watched Letterman's June 29th show in utter disbelief...

If you'd like to participate in the boycott of the show and its sponsors, you can find contact info and a sample letter at blog.myspace.com/senoritaincognito or amidst the July 6 comments on Morrissey's "official" myspace.

NOTE: The CBS email address ([email protected]) is currently bouncing back mail because the mailbox is full. Hopefully it's full of protest letters, but just in case, KEEP TRYING!

THIS JUST IN: Google's ubiquitous tentacles have unearthed the contact info for Worldwide Pants, the Late Show's production company (i.e., where the buck stops). Use it well:

Rob Burnett
President and CEO
Worldwide Pants, Inc
1697 Broadway
New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-975-5300
Fax: 212-975-4780

Great post. The rudeness of my email regarding this was completely ignored and your post will spurn me to pursue this.

The Christmas turkey trade is a good example of wickdness to animals.They never see daylight.

However committed you are to a cause you can never be vile to people because they do not agee with you.:)

Shame you're not more considerate to other human beings. :rolleyes:

Coiff.

Back
Top Bottom