Boycott Morrissey Concert Until He Lifts the Ban on David

Liking David T has nothing to do with it. Right is right and wrong is wrong, it shouldn't matter who the recipient is.

Obviously someone needs to "put values onto you" since you evidently have none of your own...

Since when did YOU decide what is right and wrong for other people? Right and wrong is entirely subjective. Morrissey feels he is in the right, so does David. So do opponents in a war. Which is right and wrong? Whichever you like the best?

Since when did YOU decide what is right and wrong for other people? Right and wrong is entirely subjective. Morrissey feels he is in the right, so does David. So do opponents in a war. Which is right and wrong? Whichever you like the best?

I decide what is right and wrong because, you know, I have a fully-functioning brain that is capable of grasping both complex and simple concepts...shame you don't.

I decide what is right and wrong because, you know, I have a fully-functioning brain that is capable of grasping both complex and simple concepts...shame you don't.

Brilliantly argued. You decide what I think! No, thanks. I'll keep deciding that for myself, as you can't even come back with a constructive reply.

Brilliantly argued. You decide what I think! No, thanks. I'll keep deciding that for myself, as you can't even come back with a constructive reply.

What is there to argue about with someone who couldn't get a logical thought in their skull if it were written on a spike and then beaten in with a sledgehammer?

I'd be better off arguing with a cow pie...though that isn't much different than what I'm doing now with you.

What is there to argue about with someone who couldn't get a logical thought in their skull if it were written on a spike and then beaten in with a sledgehammer?

I'd be better off arguing with a cow pie...though that isn't much different than what I'm doing now with you.

I can see why you don't like Morrissey anymore; you're a wit vacuum.

Quote of the year (so far). Viva Viva Hate!

Real men don't boycott.

You do care, though, as well you should. This much is obvious.

That you have shame in admitting you care is much more alarming.

I don't have shame. I'm just too tired being the crazy cat lady flailing her arms about, but while being on Team David, I can see why he did it. He said (in signs) "oh the sun got in my eyes" and he screwed up, but I can see why not so obvious to anyone why he would do it. this place, while eating him alive, also acted like the birdcage that ate his bird (his songs) alive too, yet he's supposed to be so thankful for it. It's a rather pronounced symbolic stand that he took, whether he knows that or not. And I'm not talking obvious stuff, this place is like a prison in a way and he said no more. I get that. I'm just too tired to discuss it.

Last edited:
But I don't particularly like David T, so why should I give a shit? It's perfectly RIGHT as far as I'm concerned. Don't put your own values onto me.

I advocate boycotting Morrissey concerts until he reconsiders and lifts the ban on David. I understand you disagree. You've stated, "you don't particularly like David." You also support the ban which stems from David's unwillingness to impose censorship on this website; however you keep posting to this website and enjoy the freedom from censorship. You don't particularly like David but the countless hours each day every day he has spent keeping this site updated for over a decade doesn't factor into your thought process? By not imposing censorship you seem to believe he is simply getting what he deserves? By God, it serves him right: letting fans voice their opinion!?

Then there is this bizarre argument about choosing between musicians and the fans who put up websites?! Can you understand we are discussing one fan's treatment by Morrissey? This particular fan has devoted over a decade to this website, brought loads of entertainment and information to Morrissey fans, and now is banned from attending shows because he did not want to implement censorship on the site. A reasonable person might conclude this website has been a source for generating, maintaining, and cultivating fan interest. It certainly has had the effect of a net plus on Morrissey's coffers. Yet, he gets banned and you'll keep using the website. He'll keep doing all the work maintaining the website and that sits just fine with you?

It doesn't with me. The very least we can do, and I mean that literally - the least we can do is stand by someone who has added to our enjoyment of Morrissey's music over the years by simply refusing to go to a concert until this ridiculous ban is lifted.

Sometimes I think that if you, me, and certain others of us got together, we could be the Oceans 11 of Mozness.

Yeah. You know after I posted I went to bed, I've been yammering on about being mentally tired but I'm actually tired tired too. So I pull back my sheets that I was so looking forward to slipping into and my mom, bless her devious heart, replaced all my cotton sheets with polyester while I was gone. Livid, I had to strip the bed and put sheets on that dont fit but are cotton and now I'm awake. I wanted to sum up my not-making-much-sense post by saying that symbolically I approve if morrissey's action. Realistically, and I prefer to live in a realistic, not fantastical world, I think he maybe made the wrong decision. But it's over now. No point going on about it. I'm sure davids story didn't end in Copenhagen with their stupid little mermaid who sinks ships. I have to take this ship to get Morrissey's heart to the port where it belongs, that's MY essential gripe about all this. Okay I'm going to bed now. Again. :p

Last edited:
I'm just as disgusted with the way he has treated David. But decent songs? Morrissey has more decent songs than pretty much any singer alive or dead!

The band is great, apart from Jesse. Dump Jesse and find a talented elad guitarist and you have a band that could take you far.

Someone please bring back Howard Jones.

I don't have shame. I'm just too tired being the crazy cat lady flailing her arms about, but while being on Team David, I can see why he did it. He said (in signs) "oh the sun got in my eyes" and he screwed up, but I can see why not so obvious to anyone why he would do it. this place, while eating him alive, also acted like the birdcage that ate his bird (his songs) alive too, yet he's supposed to be so thankful for it. It's a rather pronounced symbolic stand that he took, whether he knows that or not. And I'm not talking obvious stuff, this place is like a prison in a way and he said no more. I get that. I'm just too tired to discuss it.

Hi CG. I just think it's a really shit situation. I'm disappointed that Morrissey did this I have to say and for the life of me I cannot really understand why this True to You site and Julia deserve such extreme suckage. I never have really understood that because it seems that the well to do lady and her site have something to do with this. It's quite political. As far as having a website that is squeaky clean, which I guess True to you is, if that is what Morrissey wants, well then he makes a hypocrite of himself (he who claims to be the upholder
of standing up for the downtrodden and margininalised memebers of society). Grrrr, I really have to say to Morrissey if he was listening and whingeing as is his want "What next, Mr Morrissey?" I feel genuinely sad for David Tseng and believe he has always been a fair administrator of this site and has tried his best to remain impartial.
Also, the fact is that in the early days of this site we had much more abuse and trouble than we do these days. We had people who took over the site with their abuse and vitriole and filled the pages up with 50 font slag offs. Crapflooders, we called them. Now, a grown up gentleman such as our Mr. Morrissey we would expect would prefer an open minded, free for debate and discussion media to a squeaky clean view of himself. I'm not happy about any of this and then I have to wonder if Morrissey is alright and the next thing will be this site I guess! I'm not saying that I totally admire this site, C.G. Heaven knows I've been snobbed and bitched at too, all these years and called every name under the sun, not to mention had death threats and all sorts of dramas slewn across the screen at me. But people are weird aren't they and what else can we expect. Morrissey incites this stuff and then complains about it so why should he be given the dummy and bottle if someone said something to upset him. He's a grown up. Next thing he'll be saying he wants to be some kind of conformist talent, huh?

If I cared about David in anyway, or had the slightest bit of respect for him I might consider action against Morrissey. However, seeing as I have more time for a piece of shit on the street than the cry baby little hypocrite that is David...I won't let his mistakes, errors, lies and nastiness towards Morrissey effect my life or choices. End of. David should have taken a hint with the t-shirts in Bradford before flying to Copenhagen. Idiot. Deserves it.

Tags
boycott morrissey-solo
Back
Top Bottom