Bravado has no legal right to sell Morrissey merchandise - statement at true-to-you.net

Bravado - true-to-you.net
21 February 2012

BRAVADO

Morrissey would ask that people do not buy any merchandise by the company Bravado, whether retail or online. Bravado do not have any legal right to sell Morrissey t-shirts, etc, but are doing so despite legal warnings that they must stop. Bravado do not account to Morrissey, and therefore keep 100% profit for themselves. Once again, Morrissey asks that Bravado be shunned by worldwide customers.

As pointed out by Amy in the original forum thread (post), the Bravado 'Official U.S. Store' is still operational.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Bravado has no legal right to sell Morrissey merchandise - statement at

I'm going to buy their stuff just to spite Morrissey, the greedy, money obsessed old geezer!

the best T shirt are sold around the venues Morrissey plays, the best T shirts Morrissey inside veneus sold was in east USA, 2006/8
or even later... many choices, can't find them anymore, as if...

In the past I have purchased from Bravado because an official (2009) Morrissey site has send me to there.
Bravado belongs to Universal Music. (Also Polydor)
I think it's because this old merchandising and morrissey no longer has a contract with Universal.

Re: Article: Bravado has no legal right to sell Morrissey merchandise - statement at

I'm going to buy their stuff just to spite Morrissey, the greedy, money obsessed old geezer!

elvis left the building years ago f***ing bugger off steven

For God's sake Mozzer hurry up and release a new album so we can concentrate on your singing and not your talking. You write much better words when they have accompanying music. In other words please shut the f*** up and sing!

For God's sake Mozzer hurry up and release a new album so we can concentrate on your singing and not your talking. You write much better words when they have accompanying music. In other words please shut the f*** up and sing!

honestly once again just shut the f*** up fool period.i denounce.

The way I understand it is that the site is owned by the record company that he previously had a record contract with. Therefore they have the ability to continue to publish any and all music that was created for the record company to publish while the artist was under contract. As an extension they probably have the ability to continue to sell any remaining stock of support merchandise that was crafted in order to accompany the artist's record sales. As long as Bravado / Universal is not printing up new merchandise and is simply selling out of remaining stock he may not have a legal leg to stand on.

Look at it this way. Go to Toys R Us and you will see Lego Star Wars sets. Suppose Lego loses the Star Wars license. Lego will ship all remaining sets that they have produced when they DID have the license. They cannot produce any more. Toys R Us will in turn sell off all remaining sets over due time.

Once again Morrissey... stop whining...

Yup = with boring predictability the most innocuous statement becomes an opportunity for more Moz-hating. OF COURSE it's HIS fault - for no longer being signed to Polydor, for being "money-obsessed", for issuing too many statements (stop copy and pasting them from TTY then?), for not releasing new material (which when released would inevitably be heavily criticized also). Why do you come here? And, more pertinently, what's the point of this site? Morrissey has made it clear what he thinks of it (and of David) and it's just a magnet for haters. Or rather people PRETENDING to hate, as people who were genuinely through with Moz wouldn't be posting here so regularly, they would presumably be getting on with their lives? Assuming they have lives, of course.

The way I understand it is that the site is owned by the record company that he previously had a record contract with. Therefore they have the ability to continue to publish any and all music that was created for the record company to publish while the artist was under contract. As an extension they probably have the ability to continue to sell any remaining stock of support merchandise that was crafted in order to accompany the artist's record sales. As long as Bravado / Universal is not printing up new merchandise and is simply selling out of remaining stock he may not have a legal leg to stand on.

Look at it this way. Go to Toys R Us and you will see Lego Star Wars sets. Suppose Lego loses the Star Wars license. Lego will ship all remaining sets that they have produced when they DID have the license. They cannot produce any more. Toys R Us will in turn sell off all remaining sets over due time.

And you've read the contract, right? Jeez.

Kick Tobias out of the band and maybe I'll consider not doing business with Bravado.

Thanks for providing an example. Generally when people provide examples I wonder why, if they thought I could not grasp the facts before my eyes, that I would somehow understand their completely fictional example. But in this case it's really helpful because it clearly shows that you are wrong.

In the case of the t-shirt sales the contract could very well have been for only a certain period of time. As in your example, when that time ended and the license was expired, they would have to stop selling them. I can't buy a license to SELL a product for one year, and then interpret that to mean that I may sell in perpetuity, provided I MADE the products within that year. What's happened is that the merchandise didn't sell and they're probably marking it down, but even if not, it's competing with his current merchandise.

It may very well be that he has already been paid something because it seems like there would have been some clear statement of financial settlement that included the rights to everything. But that's not fair to say. The record companies have been ripping off artists since the very beginning of pop music.

Yup = with boring predictability the most innocuous statement becomes an opportunity for more Moz-hating. OF COURSE it's HIS fault - for no longer being signed to Polydor, for being "money-obsessed", for issuing too many statements (stop copy and pasting them from TTY then?), for not releasing new material (which when released would inevitably be heavily criticized also). Why do you come here? And, more pertinently, what's the point of this site? Morrissey has made it clear what he thinks of it (and of David) and it's just a magnet for haters. Or rather people PRETENDING to hate, as people who were genuinely through with Moz wouldn't be posting here so regularly, they would presumably be getting on with their lives? Assuming they have lives, of course.

This.

I don`t think Morrissey is money hungry because of this.Artists deserve to be paid for their work just like anybody else does.His image is part of that.I don`t see how that is being greedy.

I don`t think Morrissey is money hungry because of this.Artists deserve to be paid for their work just like anybody else does.His image is part of that.I don`t see how that is being greedy.

This.

Imagine getting lumbered with loads of Swords merchandise. Poor sods.

maybe he can set up his own webstore now then. so i can purchase all the merch i would have in chicago if they took credit cards.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom