Morrissey Central "CALIFORNIA SON" (January 16, 2024)

Morrissey and Joni Mitchell

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The full two part interviews are up on Joni’s Facebook. I assume that’s when the photos were taken.

Image from unique polaroid.

a rare, candid, and wide ranging chat over tea and cigarettes...

I tried also, but they won’t embed here. There’s two parts there also.

Or if one prefers to read it ….

+ a couple more photos! here …

Last edited:
Great capture of a very charming moment in time. Now we just need about four more beautiful back to back Central posts before the oversized weirdness of the AI passport pics will finally scooch a little lower down on the page some more lol

yes indeed, it won't let you embed the facebook link - although you can still click on it above.
but the question is - were the tea and cigarettes mutual?

Don’t think he partook, but it seems Morrissey put aside his abhorrence of cigarette smoke in order to chat with a person that shaped a large part of his creative being.

As far as musicians go, she’s up there with, The Dolls, Nico, Bowie, Jobriath, Buffy, Bolan, etc.

Edit: to be honest, for a split second, I thought this was gonna be a Central obit! glad it wasn’t!

Last edited:
Don’t think he partook, but I’m sure Morrissey put aside his abhorrence of cigarette smoke in order to chat with a person that shaped a large part of his creative being.

As far as musicians go, she’s up there with, The Dolls, Nico, Bowie, Jobriath, Buffy, Bolan, etc.
Moz has always been more a tea and crumpets person, clearly. But who wouldn't be tempted? To smoke a cigarette with Joni Mitchell?

Moz has always been more a tea and crumpets person, clearly.

But who wouldn't be tempted? To smoke a cigarette with Joni Mitchell?

Yeah, Morrissey missed his chance! And it probably would have endeared him more to her if he took a drag or two. They’re both strong headed, but they seemed to get along.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom