Channel 4's Top 100 albums tonight

U

Uncleskinny

Don't get too excited - only The Queen Is Dead was ever a possibility for Smiths/Moz fans to vote for, and judging by similar efforts, we can expect it to appear between 10 and 20. That said, maybe the renewed Moz exposure over the last year has propelled it further up in the public's estimation. Check out the lists on the link below.

Sk.

Top 100 albums - various polls

U2 are 2nd, Radiodead are 1st, there's 2 Beatles albums and this is just in the top 10.
I'm going to tape it and zoom through the crappy bits, so I should get a good half hour programme

> U2 are 2nd, Radiodead are 1st, there's 2 Beatles albums and this is just
> in the top 10.
> I'm going to tape it and zoom through the crappy bits, so I should get a
> good half hour programme

Is this pukka Howard? Wher'd you hear this? I want to know if it's worth staying in or should I bugger off to the pub quiz - anyway, material of interest (to me anyway) would probably be in the last hour. Some of the usual suspects I would like to hear up there are The Bends, Doolittle, The Queen Is Dead and Pet Sounds.

Sk.

The top ten was in that marvellous organ of Paddy journalism the "Sunday World", Skinny.
I can't remember the full countdown. I didn't buy it, just read it in me sister's hoose.
If I was you, I'd tape it and go to the quiz.
OK Computer is No.1 anyway.

Apparently The Queen Is Dead is number 20 (the list was in the NOTW newspaper today).
The Bends is number 1.
U2 number 2.
Johnny Marr is quoted as saying that in time people will realise what a terrific important album OK Computer is (or words to that effect).

Back
Top Bottom