Collecting "William It Was Really Nothing"

Hello Stephane,
Finally something to add !! My copy has the solid centre
Do you need a photo ??

Jeff

UK 7" second edition (lilac artwork) [Rough Trade RT166]
Rigid sleeve. Light blue label with dark blue text. Front and back can be viewed in the left section of this page. It appears that all copies of this version of the single have a solid centre.

UK 7" reissue test pressing [Rough Trade RT166]
One-sided white-label test pressing of second 7" edition, side B, dated '19/10/87'. Additional info such as matrix numbers would be appreciated.

RT 3-2U-1-1-1 "Billie Whitelaw"

plays b-side "How Soon Is Now"

Sorry Stephane, after checking again, it turns out my first edition (green sleeve) is a push out centre and the solid one was in fact a Swedish pressing. That'll teach me to wait until I'm fully awake before posting information.

The good news is the second edition (lilac Billie Whitelaw sleeve) came in both a push out and a solid centre. I have sent you a photo via e-mail.

How can you tell that the first issue solid center is a Swedish pressing? What distinguishes it from the uk pressing?

The record has a solid center and identical to UK pressing except at bottom there is a ncb logo this is how to tell Swedish issue.

How can you tell that the first issue solid center is a Swedish pressing? What distinguishes it from the uk pressing?

The record has a solid center and identical to UK pressing except at bottom there is a ncb logo this is how to tell Swedish issue.

Thanks for the response. What about for the white label test pressings? They won't have the ncb logo on the label so is there another way?

Check the run off matrix numbers on the White label.. do they match the UK 7" ?

Thanks for the response. What about for the white label test pressings? They won't have the ncb logo on the label so is there another way?

The "Swedish" William... 7" was actually a UK pressing that was exported to Scandinavia. As well as the 'ncb' logo on the labels, the other most distinctive feature is a textured paper sleeve rather than the customary UK card sleeve.

Back
Top Bottom