coloured inner sleeves on smiths records?

drdannyace

hi

can anyone tell me from what point the smiths 12" singles came with coloured inserts?

i havent checked but i THINK its from panic onwards ...

danny

No How Soon Is Now? didn't.
As Stephane said, they start from Shakespeare's Sister.

Shakespeare's Sister - yellow (+ discography)
That Joke... - pale pink
The Boy With Thorn - orange
Bigmouth - dark purple
Panic - turquoise
Ask - dark pinky red
Shoplifters - crimson red
Sheila - red (+ discography on one side and lyrics on other)
Girlfriend In A Coma - black
I Started Something - very dark green
Last Night I Dreamt - black

... that's the lot!

By any chance could someone post a photo of what you're talking about? :confused: I've never purchased a Smiths record. Are you talking about the protective paper sleeve the record is in within the record jacket or cover?

By any chance could someone post a photo of what you're talking about? :confused: I've never purchased a Smiths record. Are you talking about the protective paper sleeve the record is in within the record jacket or cover?

Kind of...

If you take a look at the pic on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lot-of-two-Th...dZViewItemQQptZUK_Records?hash=item2a042f938e

You can see the inner sleeve for Ask is dark pink, it's quite thick paper, but the William is a standard / generic white paper sleeve.

Dave

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you. In general does the disk in the middle of the record match the sleeve?

I'm not at home to look, but from memory, I think so - the label on the record matches the colour of the inner sleeve.

If someone has their records to hand and knows otherwise it would be more useful :)

Dave

did bigmouth definetly have a purple inner?
my copy doesnt have one ...

Back
Top Bottom