Complete this sentence - "You know your getting old when...."

almareallymatters

A few things spring to mind!

"you know your getting old when...

* you find yourself yelling up the stairs to the kid's "will you please turn that music down...I can't here myself think down here!"

* you start making shoe purchases based primarily on comfort!

* you pop into M&S for a prawn sarnie and find that the clothes on the rails are starting to look strangely appealing!

* your kid's have a better phone/camera/computer than you do!

* when your using your computer you have to call your child in for "technical support!"

* you go out shopping for a new bikini and come home with a sensible one piece made by somebody like "Speedo!"

* You get excited by a new iron/kettle/food mixer!

* you fall head-over-heels in love with some guy off the telly...then realise you ARE actually old enough to be his mother!

* you settle down to watch a film on a Sunday afternoon and within 10 minutes your asleep...when you wake up you insist you weren't REALLY asleep...merely "resting your eyes!"

* all you really want is "a nice cup of tea!"

I could go on!

Anyone else?!

Love Alma xxx

A few things spring to mind!

"you know your getting old when...

* you find yourself yelling up the stairs to the kid's "will you please turn that music down...I can't here myself think down here!"

* you start making shoe purchases based primarily on comfort!

* you pop into M&S for a prawn sarnie and find that the clothes on the rails are starting to look strangely appealing!

* your kid's have a better phone/camera/computer than you do!

* when your using your computer you have to call your child in for "technical support!"

* you go out shopping for a new bikini and come home with a sensible one piece made by somebody like "Speedo!"

* You get excited by a new iron/kettle/food mixer!

* you fall head-over-heels in love with some guy off the telly...then realise you ARE actually old enough to be his mother!

* you settle down to watch a film on a Sunday afternoon and within 10 minutes your asleep...when you wake up you insist you weren't REALLY asleep...merely "resting your eyes!"

* all you really want is "a nice cup of tea!"

I could go on!

Anyone else?!

Love Alma xxx

When you look in the mirror and realise, you ARE old:p

There's some kind of role reversal going on in my house because my daughter is the sensible one that tells me to dress my age and turn the music down.I never get excited about domestic appliances or Saturday nights in!

I guess the only thing really would be that all the male teachers at my kids school suddenly look like teenagers!And yet when you look back at the group photos you have from school all the teacher's you once thought were boring old farts suddenly look younger than you.

I'm back now...and on the way to school I thought of another....

"the slightest ache or pain convinces you that you have some kind of terminal illness!"

Love Alma xxx

I'm back now...and on the way to school I thought of another....

"the slightest ache or pain convinces you that you have some kind of terminal illness!"

Love Alma xxx

Yeah and then you Google the symptoms and something hideous comes up and then you are even more convinced you're at deaths door!

Yeah and then you Google the symptoms and something hideous comes up and then you are even more convinced you're at deaths door!

Yep!...been there...done that! :rolleyes:

Also you know your getting old when you get your kid's names muddled up when you call 'em...even though they're not even the same sex!

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
Tags
stfusuperhans
Back
Top Bottom