Conor McNicholas to step down as editor of the NME

spleenhead

Yes, I am spleen
To take over as editor of Top Gear magazine.

Let's hope he does a Richard Hammond, eh?

Hurray!! I didn't even like him before the second NME/Morrissey "racism" spat. Just shows how little he really cares about being a music magazine editor if he's prepared to edit Top Gear.

Other external factors obviously came into play, but the NME's circulation figures fell from 73,000 when little Conor took over and now stand at a measly 48,000. Have you seen it lately? I thought I was reading Smash Hits Lite.

Other external factors obviously came into play, but the NME's circulation figures fell from 73,000 when little Conor took over and now stand at a measly 48,000. Have you seen it lately? I thought I was reading Smash Hits Lite.

I think it is unfair to blame the fall in circulation on Conor..... the number of sales in the vast majority of publications is decreasing year by year as we get our news and stories from other sources than a once a week magazine.
In the 70's there was four such ''inkies'' (as they were known) a week....

Jukebox Jury

I think it is unfair to blame the fall in circulation on Conor..... the number of sales in the vast majority of publications is decreasing year by year as we get our news and stories from other sources than a once a week magazine.

Jukebox Jury

Whilst you are right about the decrease in sales of most magazines of the NME nature, i really have to disagree and say that Conor has had a big help in the magazines downfall. I used to buy the NME every week and it used to be a great read, but now its absolute rubbish, the only thing its good for is a quick scan in asda when im doing the shopping, and that is down to its editor. Hopefully somebody fresh will be installed and try to change the face of the NME

Whilst you are right about the decrease in sales of most magazines of the NME nature, i really have to disagree and say that Conor has had a big help in the magazines downfall. I used to buy the NME every week and it used to be a great read, but now its absolute rubbish, the only thing its good for is a quick scan in asda when im doing the shopping, and that is down to its editor. Hopefully somebody fresh will be installed and try to change the face of the NME

look, we nicked your manager, now your star striker.... just admit I'm right:thumb::lbf:

Jukebox Jury

Happy trails Conman, heres a little something to keep your spirits up, lololol Douchebag!

*obscene image removed*

Last edited by a moderator:
look, we nicked your manager, now your star striker.... just admit I'm right:thumb::lbf:

Jukebox Jury

Santa Cruz is a big waste of money for you, we have got the better end of the deal here. You can have all the quality you want on the field, but you won't win anything without a quality manager. Hughes was brilliant at rovers, but we matched his ambitions and he with ours. Yours are far to high for his quality

Jukebox Jury

As surely as Andi Peters killed TOTP, Conor killed the NME.
Good riddance to the rat-faced little prick.

i agree , it is a sad legacy for a once great magazine ... hope top gear goes down the f***ing pan :censored:

Can you get them in a vegetarian option?:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

Not funny but funny. Got a terrible scare for posting that image on here. I was banned from the forums. But now I'm back. I would imagine Bristol Farms would have them in their vegan isle

hmmm

Not funny but funny. Got a terrible scare for posting that image on here. I was banned from the forums. But now I'm back. I would imagine Bristol Farms would have them in their vegan isle

It was your first offence, David decided to lift your ban.

In December 2008 a sub-forum 'the pigsty' has been added where is a specially designed area for flamebait etc.
However, users are not allowed to post obscene images in the forums.

Users are advised to read a sticky thread on top of off-topic forum.

It'd be nice if you do not quote obscene images when you post a reply.
You can make a post without doing so.

Last edited:
Re: hmmm

In December 2008 a sub-forum 'the pigsty' has been added where is a specially designed area for flamebait etc.

Moderating with common sense:clap::clap:

Jukebox Jury

Re: hmmm

ie. the pigsty was created to pander to idiots.

I wonder how this will affect the court case ?
I wonder if there even still is a 'court case' ?
Any eagle-eyed evil legal eagles got any inside 'juice' ? ;)

Back
Top Bottom